Answers to Your Questions... Coming Soon!

Hey Everyone -

Thanks for submitting so many great questions for me to forward on to Peter. I'll have an update from him and get some answers later on in the week. Check back then!

~Claire

Sierra

Is Nicanor anything like Barbaro?

26 May 2008 4:35 PM
Sarah

Is Lentenor(sp)? a full brother to Nicanor and Barbaro?

26 May 2008 4:36 PM
Linda

Claire,

Thank you sooo much!  I can hardly wait, as I am sure the FONs had really good questions for Peter!  You all are just amazing!

Linda

26 May 2008 6:29 PM
jerry mac

when is nicanor expected to run?

26 May 2008 8:22 PM
Catherine

Sarah, yes, Lentenor is a full brother to Barbaro and Nicanor. You can see for yourself at www.pedigreequery.com.

26 May 2008 8:48 PM
MJ

I was sure we had an update.  I will just have to hold my excitement.

26 May 2008 9:42 PM
Mint Hill Farm

He is in the best of hands with Michael Matz and Peter Brette...

27 May 2008 9:34 AM
Ms. Sharman Woll

How is Nicanor doing now??? I am so anxious to hear about him, and to see more pics. :) Please let us know soon!!!  Secretariat sits above my fireplace - with Barbaro's pic on his right, and Nicanor's photo to his left. Every time I look at that pretty boy, I can't help but SMILE, Nicanor is going to do great things....I just know it in my heart!!!  NICANOR carries the blood of champions....and soon he will prove it!!!!!  Trust me, NICANOR will make people feel, once again, what we felt........with his brother and Secretariet, I have no doubts!!!  Go NICANOR

27 May 2008 12:18 PM
Ryan

I know that Barbaro was Portugeese for 'barbarian', but what does Nicanor mean?

27 May 2008 2:20 PM
Mr. Freeze

Is Nicanor anything like Big Brown?

27 May 2008 3:09 PM
J

If racing is their path, I just wish them safety and health.

If not, I know that Mr & Mrs. Jackson will see that they have a great life.

27 May 2008 7:22 PM
Lisa in Colorado

Can't wait to hear what Peter's impressions are.

27 May 2008 7:36 PM
Dianne

Would it be too soon to compare Nicanor's way of going with Barbaro's way of going?  How is he in the barn?  Do you have a stable name for him?

27 May 2008 9:23 PM
Katie

I know it's not directly link to Nicanor, but do you or anyone have any idea what happen with the idea of a Barbaro's movie that we saw last year?

28 May 2008 10:20 PM
kate

will niconer enter the kentucky derby?

28 May 2008 10:29 PM
jedi johnny

when is nicanors maiden going to happen?

29 May 2008 1:35 AM
Michelle

I feel sure that everyone will do what is right for Nicanor.  Is it possible that he might just be a turf horse?  I think all of us fans would agree that we would much rather see him stay safe than to be put on the dirt just to get to the Derby.  It would be awesome if he were in the Derby but after the Eight Belles incident I am concerned about that track.

29 May 2008 10:23 PM
Leah P.

Whan In Nicanor Going To Race

30 May 2008 9:23 PM
Wilbur

Is there an IQ test for horses? Seriously, I often read of a trainer saying a horse is very smart. How do they know? Really?

What are some signs that a horse is smart or dumb? Are there standard procedures trainers follow to check the intelligence of a horse? Does their IQ really matter in their racing ability?

Finally, does Nicanor exhibit the same level of intelligence that Barbaro showed?

Claire, I assume you can find out answers to my questions. You've only let me down a few times so far.

30 May 2008 10:48 PM
pearly

do you think nicanor will win the triple crown? where will his first race be?

31 May 2008 9:20 PM
Cassidy

Ryan,

On one of the baby name web sites- Nicanor has a Spanish origin, meaning Victorious army.

Dictionary.com says:

Nicanor- conqueror, one of the seven deacons appointed in the apostolic Church (Acts 6:1-6).

01 Jun 2008 8:46 AM
Amy F.

Cannot wait to see Nicanor on the track. Beautiful, beautiful colt he is.

01 Jun 2008 4:01 PM
Laurie

Oh, how I loved Barboro; he grabbed my heart!  My true wish is for Nicanor to carry on Barboro's tradition and make good on what his brother was probably going to accomplish!  With big brother looking over him, he may be our next Triple Crown Winner in 2009!!!!  We will be pulling for you Nicanor; with love and most of all safety in all you attempt to do.

09 Jun 2008 2:46 PM
Peggy Fadgen

As it happens, I was browsing through my Bible, not looking for anything in particular, when I saw the name "Nicanor" in the Bible.  My first thought was: that's the name of Barbaro's brother. I admit it wasn't the holiest thought, but God knows and respects my love for thorougbreds.  I know Nicanor's name comes from a foxhound painting the Jacksons happen to have in their home, but I wasn't aware that the name "Nicanor" is also mentioned in the Bible.  Just sharing my "name" discovery with thoroughbred fans.

23 Jul 2008 3:37 PM