FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Contact: Robert Bolson, Director of Corporate Marketing
(859) 276-6809; email@example.com
BLOODHORSE.COM LAUNCHES NEW BLOG STABLE
The Thoroughbred industry's premier Web site kicks-off Blog Stable, an entertaining and engaging
collection of six blogs offering insight and opinion on all aspects of "The Sport of Kings."
Lexington, KY - BloodHorse.com announces the official launch of the "BloodHorse.com Blog Stable" now available 24/7 on the Web at http://BloodHorse.com/Blogs. Each individual blog, written by Blood-Horse staff members and other industry experts, offers Thoroughbred racing fans and professionals entertaining observations, insight and opinion on the people, places, horses, and news from around the world of Thoroughbred racing and breeding.
BloodHorse.com's Blog Stable includes:
- Triple Crown Talk by Jason Shandler. Dedicated to handicappers with an interest in chatting about Thoroughbred racing, especially those horses on the Triple Crown trail. The goal is to share as much information as possible, in hopes of helping each other stay ahead of a game that presents plenty of challenges.
- Maiden Watch by Blood-Horse Staff. Monitor the progress of prominent first-year stallions like Smarty Jones, Birdstone, Medaglia d'Oro, Speightstown, and Pleasantly Perfect. Follow their first offspring from the first workouts to their first time on the track to the Winner's Circle.
- The Five-Cross Files by Scot Gillies. What really influences the strength of a pedigree? Female families. Patterns of inbreeding. Sire line nicks. All of it is up for discussion and debate. How do conformation and class factor in? The Five-Cross Files explore bloodlines old and new, test the tools, and simplifies the science-and art-of successful breeding.
- TrueNicks by Alan Porter and Byron Rogers. Compatibility of stallions from one male line with mares from other sire lines-a phenomenon called "nicks"-has given knowledgeable horsemen an edge for hundreds of years. TrueNicks evaluates the strength of a pedigree by rating its nicking pattern. Insights into this new system and its relevance to today's stakes winners is discussed regularly by Alan Porter and Byron Rogers, the co-creators of TrueNicks.
- Adam's Turf by Adam Spradling. Dedicated to all those who ever wanted to take an adventure through the eyes of a "newbie" or "noob" (as Web folk call it) in the Thoroughbred horse industry.
- Nicanor: Tracking Barbaro's Brother by Claire Novak. (Coming in March.) This summer, one 2-year-old colt will command national attention, Nicanor, Barbaro's full brother. Follow the colt's path to the racetrack. Can Nicanor live up to his legacy? Many racing fans certainly hope so.
Racing enthusiasts can read each of the blogs by visiting http://www.BloodHorse.com/Blogs.
BloodHorse.com was voted the #1 horse industry Web site in 2007, 2005, and 2002 by the American Horse Publications Association, and was previously selected as a Top Seven Equestrian Web site by Forbes magazine. It is the preferred choice of industry professionals and racing enthusiasts alike for up-to-the-minute racing news and information. From award-winning, comprehensive editorial to fan-favorite Breeders' Cup and Triple Crown Mania channels and the engaging BloodHorse.com "Talkin' Horses" weekly feature, there is something for all Thoroughbred racing professionals and enthusiasts. BloodHorse.com is operated by Blood-Horse Publications, the Thoroughbred industry's foremost publishing company. Blood-Horse Publications also publishes The Blood-Horse, the leading weekly Thoroughbred racing and breeding news and information magazine; the award-winning The Horse: Your Guide To Equine Health Care, a monthly equine health care magazine; TBH MarketWatch, a newsletter for Thoroughbred investors and recipient of the prestigious Awards for Publication Excellence (APEX) for 2006 and 2005; the official Kentucky Derby and Breeders' Cup souvenir magazines; Auction Edge; and Keeneland magazine. In addition, Blood-Horse Publications also publishes equine-related books and videos under the Eclipse Press banner, and operates a family of award-winning Web sites including TheHorse.com, StallionRegister.com, ExclusivelyEquine.com, the official store of Blood-Horse Publications, BloodHorseNOW.com, and the new TrueNicks.com.
To receive the latest news and important information from BloodHorse.com via RSS feed , visit: http://www.BloodHorse.com/RSS
To subscribe to any Blood-Horse Publications' publication, or for more information, call toll-free: 1-800-582-5604. To view/download logos for any Blood-Horse Publications' brand, visit: http://www.BloodHorse.com/pressroom/logos
To subscribe to BloodHorse.com's free E-Newsletters, visit: http://BloodHorse.com/enewsletters/
To view/download media kit information, visit http://www.BloodHorse.com/mediakit
For more information, contact:
Director of Corporate Marketing Services
Tel.: (859) 276-6809