Thought I'd check in real quick after a long Tuesday.
There weren't many works, though many of the Euros hit the track for the first time after being cleared from quarantine. Tuesday was all about the draw.
Here are some of my quick first impressions of the draw. Let me know what yours are:
- I was a bit surprised in the Juvenile Fillies, first that Connie and Michael was installed as the second choice off of just one race, and that Devil May Care and She Be Wild, each with a good chance to win, were listed at 8-1. There is a lot of value in that race.
- I was also mildly surprised that Forever Together is the 5-2 favorite in the Filly & Mare Turf, even though she is the defending champ. I was hoping to get a price on her. Maybe I still can, as I expect Midday or Magical Fantasy to go off as the post time choice.
- My eyes lit up when I saw Evita Argentina at 20-1 in the Filly & Mare Sprint. I hope she stays that high. She's live.
- Rainbow View being 6-1 in the Ladies Classic was a bit surprising.
- The Juvenile Turf might be the most wide-open race all weekend. I like Interactif, but the three Euros are also appetizing and I have a couple longshots I'll share with you on Thursday.
- When Zensational drew the 1 post in the Sprint nearly everyone in the room gasped. It was the exact post Baffert didn't want. We'll see what it means...
- Baffert said he wasn't as concerned about Lookin at Lucky drawing No. 13 in the Juvenile, but Im not so sure about that either. Tough to win out there.
- As with Evita Argentina, I was also pleased to see another Sadler horse I like, Whatsthescript, with 15-1 odds in the Mile. She'll be in all my exotics.
- Finally, in the Classic, the horses I like most right now--Einstein, Gio Ponti, Richard's Kid, and Colonel John--are all 12-1. Bingo.
Back tomorrow with picks for the six Friday races. Study hard!!