More Changes to the Homepage

By Chris Dawahare, Operations Manager for BloodHorse.com

Earlier today, we transitioned into a new phase of the BloodHorse.com homepage redesign. You will notice a completely new look for the Racing, Breeding, and Sales sections of the homepage. We've made it easier to access race results, entries, sire lists, and sale results.

In addition, we've added an embedded video player on the homepage that provides quick and easy access to our race replays.

Each section also includes a "Features" box that will include content such as video, blogs, or a special report. The scrolling arrows can be used to quickly browse multiple features that have been assigned to each section. This functionality allows us to feature several pieces of content within a small section of the homepage. Our intention is to remove as much clutter from the old homepage as possible, allowing our readers to quickly access the content they are interested in.

As always, we welcome all feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Greg J.

Chris,

LOVE the embedded video player!  All in All, I like the new changes, Bravo!

18 Jan 2010 6:20 PM
Kate

I really like it!

18 Jan 2010 11:20 PM
TouchStone Farms

The improvements are great, perhaps one more small item might further enhance reading. If a box for "workouts" via the entry of a horses name were available it would save a lot of scurrying around to other web sites while enjoying the home page reading.

19 Jan 2010 10:19 AM
JCRobinson

Count me as one who is disappointed with some of the changes. No more links to equineline.com?? Entries only for stakes?? I don't particularly find the format that the results are in now to be "less cluttered", and certainly not usable to me as a fan.

19 Jan 2010 12:36 PM
JCRobinson

Mea culpa-  I meant equibase, not equineline- it's a link I use(d) quite frequently to access charts.

19 Jan 2010 12:52 PM
Rachel

You guys always try to go the extra mile for us, thanks!

I miss the races listed in the bios on the horses...you only have connections and auction prices...i used to like their races listed...;-)

20 Jan 2010 10:17 AM
cdawahare@bloodhorse.com

Thanks for the comments, Rachel. The decision to remove the racing history from the Horse Profiles was not our choice. This was a mandate from the Jockey Club (we get all of our racing data from them).

20 Jan 2010 11:07 AM
sherpa

Well, I said in an earlier thread that I use Firefox exclusively and have never had any problems here such as Explorer users identified. That is no longer the case.  Comments in the longer blogs, such as Triple Crown Talk, now disappear at about the half-way point.  I tried switching to IE and could see all the comments, so I guess there's something in the new feed that gives Firefox indigestion. :-(

24 Jan 2010 4:25 PM