Spring at Lane's End Farm

Guest blogger/photographer Mathea Kelley is back to share her latest update on our good friend Zenyatta.  Thanks Mathea! Hope you guys enjoy!

Spring at Lane's End Farm is paradise for horses and people alike. It seems like overnight the gray of the long winter is gone and there are new foals, green grass, trees and flowers blossoming everywhere.  One of the happiest horses on the farm is the queen herself, Zenyatta. She has settled well into the routine of farm life and is the picture of health with her dapples glistening in the sunshine. She spends most of her days grazing in the lush green paddock with her friends.  I wonder if the girls are contemplating motherhood as they will have foals by their sides at this time next year?  I'll post a few of my favorties below, but click here to view the entire slideshow.
Zenyatta at lanes End Farm in Spring
Order this Photo. Photo by Mathea Kelley.
Zenyatta grazing at Lanes End Farm
Order this Photo.  Photo by Mathea Kelley.

View the Slideshow

Mathea will continue to keep us updated on Zenyatta throughout the year. Please let her know how much we appreciate her keeping us up-to-date on Queen Z.
Now that the Triple Crown has wrapped up I will be lining up more visits with some of our favorite mares. Stay tuned to www.ThroughTheLensBlog.com to see who gets the next visit.

showard13

THANK YOU!! I am glad to see the "conformation" shot, to see how well the baby bump had progressed. Keep us informed!

23 Jun 2011 3:43 PM
tbpartner43

Thank You Mathea.  The photos are lovely.

23 Jun 2011 3:43 PM
rapture

The photos are lovely, Mathea! She's looking good and finally beginning to lose her racing belly. Is there any chance of catching up with Rachel, Treaty of Versailles, and Ashado?

23 Jun 2011 4:36 PM
Rhonda Clements

Thank you for sharing the great shiots of our Zenny we love and miss her so! Cannot wait to see little Zendini

23 Jun 2011 4:56 PM
GJU

Ahhh, love seeing updated pictures of Miss Zenyatta. Still dappled and looking sensational. Thank you!!!

23 Jun 2011 5:01 PM
Jan

Thanks Mathea for the gorgeous pics of Zenyatta, as usual they are superb.  Keep the updates coming on our Queen Big Mama....

23 Jun 2011 6:34 PM
Abigail Anderson

Mathea: I LOVE your work and have been following you (virtually, of course!) for awhile now. These photos are just GREAT! Thanks so much to you & Anne E. for making it possible for us to see Zenny so often!

23 Jun 2011 6:38 PM
Fran

Thanks so much for the beautiful pictures.  It is so apparent that Z loves her new life, and I would swear that she has a smile on her face.  Again, the updates are so very much appreciated.

23 Jun 2011 6:40 PM
Diane in Los Angeles

So great to see the Queen reigning over the farm, glorious summer dapples appearing.  There are wonderful horses on the track now that we are following but we still need our regular hit of Zenyatta!

23 Jun 2011 8:07 PM
Freetex

Wow, she is still so spectacular.

Miss her so much.

23 Jun 2011 9:02 PM
Randi

I appreciated the update.  It is nice to see Zenyatta.  I really miss not seeing her race it was incredible!

23 Jun 2011 9:08 PM
backside sweetie

Thanks so much Mathea for the Great photos,us Zenyatta fans can never get enough of the Queen.Keep up the good work,you capture your subjects so well!!

23 Jun 2011 9:09 PM
barmar70

Did you take any photos of her pasture mate Pirate Queen?  Would love to see them if you did since she is in foal to Quality Road.  Thanks a lot and hope to hear back from you.

23 Jun 2011 9:11 PM
Paula Higgins

Thank you so much for the pictures! She is just glowing.

23 Jun 2011 9:25 PM
Jill

Mathea, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful article and beautiful pictures of our dear Zenyatta!!  :)

23 Jun 2011 11:23 PM
Zen4Zen

Thanks so much for these lovely photos, Mathea.  Nice to see that "baby bump" and that beautiful mare looking so contented.

24 Jun 2011 3:37 AM
henley

WOW...she truly is beautiful.  Thank you, Mathea.  Your updates are very much appreciated....keep them coming, please.  :)

24 Jun 2011 11:11 AM
Tricia

Thank you so very much, always love to see of the ever so lovely Zenyatta.  And am thrilled to hear we will be catching up with others in the near future.

24 Jun 2011 12:28 PM
Mary in VT

Wow. It does my heart so much good to see Zenyatta peaceful and happy in her new life. I was worried about what she would think of retirement because she was such a people person in her racing days. But she looks right at home. Very peaceful and content. Bless God.

Had 10 minutes with Rachel Alexandra in mid May thanks to a friend and she looked wonderfully peaceful and content too. And wonderfully pregnant. I kissed her nose and thanked her for everything. It was so unbelievably kind of the Stonestreet folks to let us have a visit with her considering it was only one month after the death of Jess Jackson and you can completely understand why they may not want to be bothered at such a sad time. Have pics that I don't know how to show you unless you write to me at secretgarden@trans-video.net

One thing though. When I bring up this blog page for Zenyatta with Netscape I see two pictures; first a head shot, then a full body shot of her grazing that is taken not quite head on. I can't tell if it's the angle or what, but in that full body shot her near side rear ankle looks like it might be a little stocked up. What does it look like to you if you can see it? Then when I brought up the page with Explorer that second full body shot is not coming up for me though the same caption "Order this Photo.  Photo by Mathea Kelley" appears twice, the second one without a corresponding picture. Clicking the order link does show a very small version of that picture but it it might be too small to see what I am talking about. I have hit refresh a few times but I can't get that body shot to come up on Explorer.

Anyway, *IF* she is a little stocked up up, I don't remember Zenayatta being stocked up previously. Does anyone know if that can happen with pregnancy?

24 Jun 2011 1:31 PM
Tairaterces

Thanks Mathea for the update and lovely photos.  I am forever grateful. :)

(aka Tairaterces)

25 Jun 2011 1:35 AM
kate

Thanks so much, Mathea, for sharing with us your beautiful photos of our beautiful Zenyatta. She is always a such a joy to behold. She looks so sublimely peaceful and content!  Your photos are such good news about how she is doing.

25 Jun 2011 11:35 AM
fuzzbert

Beautiful pics!!!  How I miss her.  Can't wait for next spring for a little queen or king.  She truly looks happy and content - and that's the most important thing.  I wonder if she misses all of us?  Zenyatta, you, are the BEST!!!

02 Jul 2011 10:31 PM