III Likelikelike Archarcharch

I do not like Archarcharch's  Kentucky Derby Presented By Yum! Brands (gr. I) post down on the rail, but I'm still going to pick him as the Run for the Roses winner. Here's why:

• 1. I saw him Monday waiting to go on the track after the renovation break and was impressed with his poise with all the people gawking and the cameras clicking. He stood there like a pro. Nothing bothers him.
  • 2. Jinks Fires is training him like he's going to run 1 ΒΌ miles. His gallop was so strong one morning that it was timed by the clockers as a work.
  • 3. His pedigree is a good blend of stamina and speed.
  • 4. He looks nimble enough to avoid trouble and to work his way through a crowd.
  • 5. He's a $60,000 Keeneland September sale graduate and it gives a lot of people hope when a relatively inexpensive (just a little lower than the price I paid for my house) horse rises to greatness.

P.S. Watch out for Animal Kingdom, especially now that John Velazquez is aboard. After all his bad luck with horses going out of the race, this is one man who is hungry for a Derby win.

Zen's Auntie

Mememe tootootoo. what is not too like about this colt his story and connections - another 60K Grandchild of Kris S to LOVELOVELOVE

Johnny V might have to "stay Hungry" as I think Stay Thirsty has a better shot than the nice colt Animal Kingdom. It's going to be tough on AK to hit all that kickback with only synthetics under his girth...

06 May 2011 12:02 PM
Dutch

Watching the post position draw was slow torture, made even worse when Archarcharch drew the rail. However, I'm with you and will not bail out on this horse, even with the poor draw. My bets will be pared, but here's the first three:

1. Archarcharch

2. Nehro

3. Mucho Macho Man

Plus, some saver win bets on Animal Kingdom and Shackleford.

Good luck!

06 May 2011 4:02 PM
Dutch

Watching the post position draw was slow torture, made even worse when Archarcharch drew the rail. However, I'm with you and won't bail out on this horse, though my bets will be pared. Here's the first three:

1. Archarcharch

2. Nehro

3. Mucho Macho Man

Plus, some saver win bets on Animal Kingdom and Shackleford.

Good luck!

06 May 2011 4:05 PM
Needler in Virginia

mememe, tootootoo!! LOVE the horse and his breeding, the jockey, the connections, and even the name of his sire cubed. WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE???

But, I am boxing him with Pants on Fire. I really don't remember a field as open as this one.......anyone can win, I think. The track surface and plain old racing luck are going to be the determining factors tomorrow.

Cheers and safe trips to EVERYONE.

06 May 2011 8:28 PM
Needler in Virginia

Mememe, tootootoo!! LOVE the horse and his breeding, the jockey, the connections, and even the name of his sire cubed. WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE???

But, I AM boxing him with Pants on Fire. I really don't remember a field as open as this one.......anyone can win, I think. The track surface and plain old racing luck are going to be the determining factors tomorrow.

Cheers and safe trips to EVERYONE.

06 May 2011 9:50 PM
Zen's Auntie

I dont know where else to say it but MY HEART GOES OUT to all the connections of Archarcharch and to the very brave horse himself - from what I saw he roled that leg BAD coming out of the gate - made me nauseous to see it and still ran game.  I wish him a speedy recovery and continued success.  he was MAGNIFICENT in defeat and tough to run at all.

07 May 2011 9:56 PM