2011 San Felipe - Predict the Order of Finish

Who will win the 2011 San Felipe? Will it be one of the grade I winners, Comma to the Top or Jaycito? Will it be a recent maiden winner like Runflatout or Alberatti? Now is your chance to see how your picks stack up against the rest of the BloodHorse.com community.

Need more information about the San Felipe? Read the race preview or watch That Handicapping Show.

To participate, use your cursor to drag the selections on the left (currently arranged in post position order) to the blank placeholders on the right. Once you have completed ranking all of the horses, submit your entries and compare your results to the rest of the community. A first place ranking will earn 9 points, second place receives 8 points, and so on.

TJLuvsTizs

Best handicapping race of the weekend! Go Awesome Patriot!

10 Mar 2011 7:38 PM
Ranagulzion

Comma To The Top is back on top here.  He can wire this field now that he's sharper and the distance is right but he can also rate and making his 'killer' mid race move going into the far turn.  Runflatout is tipped to follow him home ahead of Jaycito and Premier Pegasus.

10 Mar 2011 7:54 PM
zarvona

Definitely the toughest prep field to predict this year with talent from top to bottom with lots of front end speed who could wire this distance and the several already proven distance getters who might rate off the assumed to be most fast front end pace. Although, I will add, that if someone does wire this field, that I suspect that they won't look as strong a Derby Candidate as someone who closes and gets close to such a winner. Many to root for in here and an easy race to watch and not spend money on.

10 Mar 2011 8:32 PM
marc

Although this is predict the order of finish i love Albergatti to win.With the rail and garrett gomez and santa anita track running  a pacesetter type bias i think this will be his day to shine.Last two races he was up on the pace  and maturing at the right time.Gomez knows this horse and he is by unbridled song very good breedings going long.But the key here is everyone is going to play Comma to the Top , Awesome Patriot ,Jaycito  and  even Jakesam.And the value will be here with Albergatti at 10-1 or higher

steve Asmussen will have him ready

with his last race where he broke his maiden 1:20.66 msw $54,000 he looked  really good has odds on but more importantly is his work on  3/07/11  Dirt  4F 49.80 Breezing steve Asmussen is steping up in  class with this one Albergatti looks to me that here is the sleeper horse  in the derby santa anita here comes Albergatti and gomez.

10 Mar 2011 11:47 PM
Forbidden Apple

I am also looking for Comma To The Top to rebound here and show what he is made of.

11 Mar 2011 12:36 AM
Deacon

Runflatout

11 Mar 2011 3:01 AM
faith

We will scream for Jakesam. He will prove his worth and upgrade his class.

11 Mar 2011 7:26 AM
AustinBnike

1) Bench Points

2) Jaycito

3) Awesome Patriot

4) Albergatti

My top 4 picks

Bench Points and Awesome Patriot are on my top 10 Derby contenders list. Others are Elite Alex, Sway Away, THAS, Dialed In, Brethren, Astrology, Alternation and Archarcharch. Obviously, Uncle Mo is a top Derby contender so I don't need to put him on there. Some others I like are Wilkinson, Jaycito, Striding Ahead (I love this guy's pedigree as Empire Maker is one of my all-time favorites) and Arch Traveler.

11 Mar 2011 7:56 AM
horseman

go awesome

11 Mar 2011 9:36 AM
kerry

here they are

11 Mar 2011 10:07 AM
MRO

Runflatout and Bench Points!

11 Mar 2011 10:54 AM
Linda in Texas

"DITTO DEACON"

And won't his great grandpappy's and great grandmom's be proud. On both sides, all faves of mine.

And to all racing, may you be safe on the tracks and don't forget to come home for supper!

11 Mar 2011 11:13 AM
ruffianruns

I'm with Deacon.

11 Mar 2011 1:13 PM
Householder

Let's hope Jaycito does not pull a Twirling Candy "Big Cap dance" and that Comma to the Top can keep his shoes on!

We've seen enough rodeo's this year.

11 Mar 2011 1:36 PM
Az

I love Jaycito. Hope he runs well off the layoff and with a new trainer and jockey. He's been training great, so hopefully he runs big.

11 Mar 2011 4:36 PM
DinkyDiva

Comma To The Top

RunFlatOut

Jaycito

11 Mar 2011 5:10 PM
Moonie

Runflatout wins a MSW ona super fast track and gets a 98 beyer. Fine. Noe he goes right into a G@ race like this? Crazy. Why didn't he run one in between? Don't see it.

11 Mar 2011 6:02 PM
skyfire

same moonie

derby is seductive

11 Mar 2011 8:51 PM
Convene

I'm glad to see some other "Comma" fans. I was beginning to get sorta lonesome! I'd love to see him clean up here and I think he could handle these. He's a kind of "common folks" horse and, as common folks myself, I'd love to see him shine.

11 Mar 2011 8:58 PM
RS

Premier Pegasus and Quail Hill exacta box

12 Mar 2011 2:36 AM
Goldie

I'd love to see Jakesam do it here!  His buyer has been improving and not only does he have the speed he always shows in the home stretch that he has the fight when the closers come at him - I'd love to see him finish that fight today with a win!!

12 Mar 2011 8:55 AM
Dusty

Is there even a question? It's all Jaycito.

12 Mar 2011 10:17 AM
KLC

Premier Pegasus is my pick love the blood line of Fusaichi Pegasus Kentucky Derby winner.Summer Squall Preakness and Belmont winner. Not to forget the great sire Mr. Prospector and finish my exacta with my hunch play for March Madness Bench Points sure do need them to win the big game best of luck to everybody who places a bet.

12 Mar 2011 10:28 AM
KelsoPete

Albergatti on top. One of Steve A's Derby horses the other one is Astrolgy

12 Mar 2011 11:27 AM
KJ

SURREY STAR will be in the money along with Comma t the top and Jaycito.

12 Mar 2011 11:39 AM
KJ

1. surrey star

2. Comma

3. Jaycito

4. Premier Pegasus

12 Mar 2011 11:41 AM
Oldcowboy

I agree this is a RACE not to miss.

Excited about the two young speedsters. Not high on any of the proven at 2.

12 Mar 2011 11:58 AM
John A

Premier Pegasus

Jaycito

bench points

come on to the top

12 Mar 2011 7:35 PM
Love 'em all

Congrats and cheers to Premier Pegasus, A. Quinonez and Mr. Cho.

Horses listed in order of finish:

Comma to the Top, Quail Hill, Awesome Patriot, Surrey Star (IRE), Jakesam, Albergatti and Runflatout.

14 Mar 2011 8:50 AM
Hot Coal Guy

John! Lol...when I first read your post, I saw Oldcowboy's time stamp and thought you nailed it before the fact, rather than after.

That would have been a nice little superfecta score for the day. :p

15 Mar 2011 1:53 AM