2011 Haskell - Predict the Order of Finish

Who will win the 2011 Haskell Invitational (gr. I)? Will it be Fire or Ice? Shackleford? Will Coil run a big one? How will the rest come in?

Need more information about the Haskell? Read the race preview, or watch That Handicapping Show.

To participate, use your cursor to drag the selections on the left (currently arranged in post position order) to the blank placeholders on the right. Once you have completed ranking all of the horses, submit your entries and compare your results to the rest of the community. A first place ranking will earn 7 points, second place receives 6 points, and so on.

TerriV

Shackleford has showed up every time and given it everything he's got.  He is quite a horse!  I'm behind him all the way!

29 Jul 2011 4:01 PM
WarBiscuit

I'm riding Shackleford all the way. He has proven to be a running fool, powerful and courageous. My guess is that if anyone gives him a problem, it will be Astrology. Although, the way things have gone this year, I'll be keeping an eye on Joe Vann!

29 Jul 2011 4:43 PM
DanC

I predict Astrology will be in the money at least, although probably won't win; his last outing in Iowa was an anomoly.

29 Jul 2011 5:08 PM
secretoo

I think Shackleford will win this easily. The dark horse is Coil. I think he will improve and run big at Monmouth Park....

29 Jul 2011 5:13 PM
Splits of 12

I think Coil will win this race. He can either grab the lead or sit off the pace. He needed his last race and now the blinkers come off. That should get him to relax and finish strong. He's been rank his last couple races and I think the ship and dirt will be a good thing for him as well. Baffert owns this race and Coil seems to be in the best form of any of these runners. I like Concealed Identity at a price for the place. It should be a great race. I think Pants on Fire will run a good race as well. Toss Shackleford and Ruler on Ice. Both are coming out of the Belmont and although they've had ample time to recover from that grueling race, I still think neither will be ready.

29 Jul 2011 9:28 PM
Flynne

Astrology! :D Thought Shack will probably be tough at this distance.

31 Jul 2011 12:06 AM
jerry daker

Pants on fire wire to wire...

31 Jul 2011 12:40 AM
Draynay

Shackleford is no Big Brown.  Even Curlin couldn't run all the Triple Crown races and win the Haskell.  Pants on Fire, Shackleford, Coil, JJ's Lucky in that order.

31 Jul 2011 1:23 AM
chester

If Shackleford couldn't make this distance before, what makes everyone so confident he can win this race? Love the horse but watch out for Baffert and coil.

31 Jul 2011 9:00 AM
Stellar Jayne

Shackleford, Shackleford, Shackleford!

31 Jul 2011 11:56 AM
Aaron McC

If Coil goes hes gonna have to be lights out.  If he stays back, hes gonna have to be ready for the kickback from the wall of speed to the outside.  If Baffert doesn't have him seasoned he's gonna be well peppered by the end of the race.  Personally, I dont think he's ready for the task.  Post position, running style and recent form has Ruler on Ice doing better than his odds, up there with Shackleford - maybe.  This is a 2011 3 year old classic, after all.  Anything's possible.

31 Jul 2011 1:13 PM
The Pope

The Haskell winner will be either Pants On Fire or Astrology. I do not like Shackelford because his best running style is to draft in behind a speed horse like in the Preakness. This race it looks he will be the pacesetter.  And while I do believe he is a fast freak I just don't think that's his preferred running style.

31 Jul 2011 2:54 PM
Draynay

Shack fought hard to beat a track that was favoring closers.  Who thought Coil would be the closer today ? Shack needed that race and will be tough to handle in his next.  The speed will do well at the current Saratoga track.  Speed is winning everything and I am taking full advantage of it.

01 Aug 2011 11:09 AM