2011 Pennsylvania Derby - Predict the Order of Finish

Nine three-year-olds battle at Parx Racing in the 1 1/8 mile Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II). Who will win it? How will the others finish?

Need more information about the Pennsylvania Derby? Read the race preview, or watch That Handicapping Show.

To participate, use your cursor to drag the selections on the left (currently arranged in post position order) to the blank placeholders on the right. Once you have completed ranking all of the horses, submit your entries and compare your results to the rest of the community. A first place ranking will earn 8 points, second place receives 7 points, and so on.

The Pope

The best horse will win the Pa Derby!!! Duhhhhhh. Completing the exacta will be the next best horse.  Doesn't seem very complicating.

23 Sep 2011 5:25 PM
Betsy

I'm rooting for the Bernardinis, THAS and Arthur's Tale, but I have no idea what will happen or how the race will play out because the track will undoubtedly be a quagmire. THAS has never run or worked on anything other than a fast track .....and he's going to be a huge underlay. He was my Derby horse, so I loved him, but he has a lot to prove - it's not like he beat much in his last. Plus, whenever he's looked in the eye, he wilts. I'm intrigued by Arthur's Tale, who ran very well in the Wood and who has won on a sloppy track.

I don't think Ruler on Ice is that great, but he does love the mud.

Rattlesnake Bridge is very good and obviously Johnny V thinks he's got a better shot on this horse than THAS.

23 Sep 2011 6:01 PM
The Deacon

Lots of money to pay out for such a weak field. Nothing in here stirs any emotions. Not the sport I once remembered, seems too long ago to discuss.

23 Sep 2011 7:43 PM
TJLuvsTizs

If Rush Now can sit on the lead uncontested or just off an easy pace, he will win.  If he goes out too fast he has no chance.  Doesn't seem like a ton of speed in here so I am looking for the upset!

23 Sep 2011 11:44 PM
PomDeTerre

@ Tizway's Year: such an intelligent comment that I can't believe that BH actually posted it.

24 Sep 2011 9:15 AM
nickie

Give 9 furlongs, I believe an honest pace is eminent. Rush Now, "Stormin Norman,Rattlesnake and To Honor all seem "early types"...I got my money on Arts Tale, and Ruler on Ice...former looks ready to resume 3yo campaign[I go burnt in the Wood...he gets a break in the race conditions, where Ruler totes the burden of the Belmont victory. Long play is JW who, if pace gets too wild, look for him to be movin best late...good luck to all, race may be tuffer than first glance.

24 Sep 2011 10:10 AM
street sense

to honor and serve's back class will prevail in the grade 2 pa derby

24 Sep 2011 11:55 AM
Alexandra Boyd

Go pender harbor

24 Sep 2011 5:39 PM
TJLuvsTizs

Tri bets:

5/1,7,8,9/1,7,8,9

1,7,8,9/5/1,7,8,9

1,7,8,9/1,7,8,9/5

Good Luck to all betting!

24 Sep 2011 5:42 PM
TJLuvsTizs

Very Nice showing by THAS!! Definitely rounding back into great shape!

24 Sep 2011 5:53 PM
Betsy

THAS blew that race apart on the turn.............he showed he can rate, which is a huge deal. He's still green (he shifted to his left lead down the stretch), so if I'm his jock, I would keep working him in future races where he has a big lead.

24 Sep 2011 6:15 PM
Freetex

I felt terrible for Isn't He Perfect.

That horse needs time off in a grassy pasture.

Why run him into the ground????

24 Sep 2011 7:29 PM