2011 Clark - Predict the Order of Finish

Who will win the Clark Handicap (gr. I) at Churchill Downs? Will it be one of the horses that ran in the Breeders' Cup, or a new face? How will the others finish?

Need more information about the Clark? Read the race preview, or watch That Handicapping Show.

To participate, use your cursor to drag the selections on the left (currently arranged in post position order) to the blank placeholders on the right. Once you have completed ranking all of the horses, submit your entries and compare your results to the rest of the community. A first place ranking will earn 12 points, second place receives 11 points, and so on.

The Deacon

Mission Impazible, well rested and this is a good spot.

24 Nov 2011 1:44 AM
GoGoldfinder

Prayer For Relief has got this one, i think.

24 Nov 2011 5:17 PM
Ranagulzion

Wise Dan to win, followed by Prayer for Relief and Mission Impazible

24 Nov 2011 6:27 PM
bpiets

headache is way over due...o.k. ...so the evaluation gives 'one' an hedache....lol

25 Nov 2011 1:35 PM
Coldfacts

Ranagulzion,

Can I recover my losses sustained in the 2010 Florida Derby on Pleasant Prince. I am still convinced he won. At a 114Lbs its possibly the least weight he has carried in his career.

All the major races at CD in 2011 have ended in upsets i.e., Derby 20-1, Breeder Cup Classic 14-1 etc.

That said I like MI form the chosen one stable but I will be making a small wager on PP. His sire and dam were unraced and that sort of pedigree should be able to win a G1. Remenber Determined?

25 Nov 2011 3:07 PM
Ranagulzion

Coldfacts,

How did you fare my friend. Pleasant Prince appears to be costing you a pretty penny. From all the evidence (the cold facts) I would have to say in hindsight that both Pleasant Prince and Ice Box in that 2010 Florida Derby were "flashes-in-the-pan".  Eskendereya went to the Wood Memorial but he might as well have run both races one week apart and slaughtered all comers.  He didn't make the Derby anyway but he might have won the Eclipse award. 20/20 vision it is called but it doesn't help you recover your losses ...Gotta be a wise dan sometimes my friend (LOL).

25 Nov 2011 11:31 PM
Pedigree Ann

Alibhai was well known to have great talent, after he ran off with an exercise rider and equaled a track record, bowing both fores in the process. Had just come off the boat from GB and apparently had a LOT of energy to burn off. And he had already proven a major sire success for M. B. Mayer in California before he was syndicated in Kentucky (one of the first of Leslie Combs' such deals), where Determine was conceived.

29 Nov 2011 8:37 AM