2011 CashCall Futurity - Predict the Order

Thirteen colts and geldings will do battle in the CashCall Futurity (gr. I) at Hollywood Park. Can you predict the complete order of finish?

Need more information about the CashCall Futurity? Read the race preview, or watch That Handicapping Show.

To participate, use your cursor to drag the selections on the left (currently arranged in post position order) to the blank placeholders on the right. Once you have completed ranking all of the horses, submit your entries and compare your results to the rest of the community. A first place ranking will earn 12 points, second place receives 11 points, and so on.

Redhorse

Why did Majestic City race on the turf for the first time in the BC Juvinille Turf? I still like him though. Cozzetti sounds like a good choice too!

15 Dec 2011 10:11 PM
yeager055

I know this is trivial, but with the passing of Indian Charlie RIP I would love to see Liaison be a contender in the K Derby..My Fav is still Majestic City something about this horse I like..And i LOVE the name BLINGO...Good Luck to all and safe trip..

16 Dec 2011 1:45 PM
Mike from Michigan

Cozzetti all the way baby!

16 Dec 2011 5:03 PM
Redhorse

Blingo is an interesting name. Does anyone think that Indian Charlie's cancer was passed to Uncle Mo and thats why Uncle Mo got that liver problem?

16 Dec 2011 6:46 PM
Pedigree Ann

Redhorse - Indian Charlie's ailment didn't show up until recently, 4 years after Mo was conceived. It was a fast and aggressive cancer. Mo's ailment was most likely the result of some environmental contamination or other outside agency, since another horse in the stable had the same illness.

17 Dec 2011 8:07 AM
PomDeTerre

Basmati... but the supersticious side of me says how can you ignore a Brother Francis, Sky Kingdom, Rousing Sermon triple?

17 Dec 2011 9:41 AM
NASCAR PRO

Just a comment on shipping across the country to run in a stakes race with a 2yo.While I think Romans is a good trainer his shipping stats arent that impressive, and as I post Leparoux is also shipping in.I looked for any other mounts that Leparoux may have today and I found one other in the 6th McKenziesWay, he is comming off a long layoff since June and is now starting for Mitchell.Another jockey that is shipping across the country is Dominguez but he has several mounts.If I was Leparoux's agent I would be looking for more mounts on the card and as a handicapper that is something you should look for. I call this business side handicapping.Leparoux is missing a lot more opportunities at his base track for the winter which I think is Gulfstream. He is currently 2nd in the standings there.At Gulfstream today there are no big stakes races to speak of so It might turn out to be a good move for Leparoux in the long run if Cozzetti runs in the 3yo stakes race program at Gulstream next year.

17 Dec 2011 11:28 AM
NASCAR PRO

Sorry my mistake Leparoux has another mount for Mitchell in the 3rd on the card Bonita Way,for a total of 3.I would venture to guess that in at least one of his mounts for Mitchell he will win the race or have a great chance and get 2nd.I will be honest with you I think Cozzetti had a bad draw in post 10 and he ran well at Churchill so the connections know he likes that track,but this is an entitirely different situation.Good Luck.Btw this horse looks like he wants more ground so they will probably keep him routing and at Gulfstream that wont be until the next 3yo graded stake that is run at a route.

17 Dec 2011 12:01 PM
Redhorse

Pedigree Ann- thanks for making that clear to me. Do you know why Majestic City raced his first turf race in the BC Juvenile? Who is your pick for this race?

17 Dec 2011 2:23 PM
NASCAR PRO

He wins the 6th at Hollywood at 10-1,everyone was playing the 1-3-6 by reading past performances or speed figures I doubt you would have come up with McKenziesWay he has no recent races.BTW Bonita Way came in 3rd as the higher priced Mitchell entry in the 3rd,so you see Leparoux had two other live mounts shipping in.I think Dominguez has the class of the field in the Cash Call but all the horses should be all out, this is not an allowance race it is a grade 1.

17 Dec 2011 6:20 PM
NASCAR PRO

One more thing if Dominguez dosent hit the board with Majestic City in the 9th,play him in the money in the next race the 10th hes riding another horse trained by the same trainer Miller.Business side handicapping,after all this IS a business.

17 Dec 2011 6:27 PM
Mike Relva

Blingo or Empire Way for the win.

17 Dec 2011 6:35 PM
NASCAR PRO

Surprise Baffert wins a 6th Cash Call and after they left the gate he had a great shot, Drill ran on the lead or right off it Liaison ran 2 or more behind and Sky Kingdom would be running from mid pack.An offspring from Indian Charlie who just passed away.BTW as I called it Dominguez rode well enough to hit the board in the 10th with Golden Nip.

17 Dec 2011 8:28 PM
SACK THE SECRATARY

Thnx Who I played your horse in the sixth McKenziesWay and he paid

$23.20 to win and $7.80 to place.I will send you a tip as I promised,keep up the good work.

17 Dec 2011 8:33 PM
Redhorse

Does anyone think that Liaison is better than Uncle Mo/can go farther in distance than Mo? Sorry this is so off topic.

17 Dec 2011 11:59 PM
Pedigree Ann

Surprise, surprise! The horses who finished one-two in the local prep race at the distance finished one-two in the main event. I had plumped for Rousing Sermon in the RotD contest and I almost got my win. But you can't beat the old adage "all a stallion has to do is be exported or die for him to come up with a big winner." It amazes me how often it comes up trumps.

A variation of this story came up in 1975, when a modestly-bred 3yo colt named Pendulum Sam won the General George at Bowie, then a Triple Crown prep. Local breeders started phoning the stud farm where his sire Piercer, a son of Needles, stood, making inquiries about seasons. Alas, the previously unpopular Piercer had  recently been gelded and had already begun his new career as a field hunter.

21 Dec 2011 8:22 AM