There Can Only Be One: Big Brown and Curlin

It's Friday, so take a minute for a good laugh. This video was shown to me a week ago and is a hit around work, among friends in the horse industry, and YouTube it's self. So if you have not watched it, give it five minutes. The video is work friendly.

I was by the winners circle and cheered, along with all the fans, as Curlin and Einstein came back from their finish of the Stephen Foster at Churchill. Here is a neat video of the cheering which I want to share. I did not shoot this video.

Megan

That first video was very... well, creative i should say.

i got a good laugh(:

27 Jun 2008 2:11 PM
Wanda

Adam you are da'man.I laughed till I had you know what coming out of my nose.What was the last comment Curlin said to BB and BB said "ouch"?

27 Jun 2008 2:12 PM
Vikki

Thank you, Adam.  I had to watch them both twice.  It made my day.

27 Jun 2008 2:24 PM
smartysgal

I LOVE IT!!  Go Curlin!

27 Jun 2008 3:14 PM
Karen in Texas

Thank you! The winner's circle video made my day!

27 Jun 2008 4:36 PM
Joyce in Florida

The first video is great-I'm still laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes.

Curlin in the winners circle made cheer for him again! Yeah Curlin!

Your videos were great and made my Friday afternoon.

27 Jun 2008 7:25 PM
DANYLSON

THOSE ARE THE VIDEOS WE NEED TO SEE MORE OFTEN.AWESOME PRODUCTION FOR THE BIG BROWN/CURLING..IT IS FUNNY AND VERY WELL MADE,I SHOWED IT AT WORK WERE I AM THE ONLY TRUE HORSE RACING FAN AND EVERYONE LOVED IT ON GOT INTERESTED ABOUT CURLIN AND BIG BROWN...HOPE THEY REALLY MEET UP IN THE CLASSIC

27 Jun 2008 7:52 PM
Jamie

I was on the finish line at the Stephen Foster, too! If you heard a crazy lady screaming like she was being assaulted, that was me as Curlin was coming down the stretch.

www.smilepolitely.com/.../curlin-racing-to-history-part-1.php get a little excited when I see my boy winning. :)

LOVED that first video--too funny!

27 Jun 2008 8:23 PM
Meghan

Those were great!!

I love the first video.

Go Curlin!!

27 Jun 2008 9:59 PM
AAC

To answer Megan, Curlin called BB a "claimer"!

I laughed and laughed, and had to share

27 Jun 2008 11:19 PM
racing fanatic

What a GREAT video.  Thanks!

28 Jun 2008 10:38 AM
Racefan66

Cheers to the person who made the Curlin/BB video... VERY funny!!!  Thanks so much for posting it here!

28 Jun 2008 7:38 PM
Clay

Wow, Curlin has a huge chest. I didn't notice til they brought him into the sunshine. This guy is a tank!

29 Jun 2008 11:51 AM
EmpireGiven21

How awesome is that first video!?!? Haha I cracked up, people don't understand, seriously I know horses do have "Talks with each other" my TB gives my WB dirty looks when he eats because he is a sloppy eater, My TB is like "Psht, low life bottom feeder" haha! That is so BB and Curlin!

And what an amazing second video, everyone knows hes the man.

30 Jun 2008 12:36 AM
FormerFan

The videos were great.  Curlin obviously has so much more muscle than Big Brown. That is what is going to make the difference if the two hook up.  The stronger, more powerful horse usually wins on their strength alone. But,  I feel Curlin is the better horse. Charlsy Cantey always said that a good older horse will always beat a good 3 year old.  She made that comment right after St. Liam beat Flower Alley in the Breeder's Cup. Based on past history, for the most part, I tend to believe that theory.  The only exception is if you are Secretariat. :0)

30 Jun 2008 1:47 PM
a not smart 2 dollar better

I lost my shirt on curlin in his early races but made up for it now. Go curlin i love this horse.

30 Jun 2008 7:58 PM
ed kaley

Coming from the UK I do not see that much US racing.

What I have sen over the years is that the US has had some awesome horses - Curlin in the Dubai World Cup - different class.

Big Brown - Kentucky Derby and The Preakness - brilliant.

Horses are not machines.

We should all just enjoy "their time" and hope that another Sea Bird or Secretariat or Nijinsky or Man O' War comes along.

All the horses; great, good or bad

deserve our admiration and, hopefully, our help when they cannot race anymore.

01 Jul 2008 10:35 AM
Rggc

Great video! Laughed very hard. Loved the second, makes my heart sing to hear crowds cheer for a horse that loud and long. We need to see more great videos like those at the track.

Ps

I love Charlsy Cantey, but I don't really believe she originated that saying.  I think it was said much earlier by some great old trainer who everyone knows but I cant remember who.

01 Jul 2008 3:28 PM
Julie L.

The first video was very funny, I enjoyed it, and as for the second video how wonderful to hear the people acknowledging with their cheering and clapping how great Curlin is, we have needed a horse like Curlin to get the peoples blood boiling again. Now if only these races that Curlin ran had been seen on major networks so that the average viewer could start understanding and appreciating horseracing again. I remember a show called Wide World of Sports that as a kid I would watch on saturdays just for the one major horse race they would usually show, if only they had something like that show again so that as people watched the other sports that were being offered they would also get the opportunity to watch a horse race. It would hopefully bring new people into our world.

02 Jul 2008 2:15 PM
libby

Love the winner circle! I was there and what a great moment-to be with a crowd of Curlin fans!

02 Jul 2008 3:23 PM
Vcaser

Wow, is Curlin ripped or what?  Even his muscles have muscles!  I had the pleasure of seeing him run at Oaklawn last year, he is awesome.

02 Jul 2008 4:56 PM
GunBow

Foster day is always one of the best racing experiences of the year. Excellent 6 stakes card and fun Stephen Foster tunes played by the buglers as the horses come onto the track for the stakes. I hated missing the Foster this year due to money issues/gas prices. Good reception for Curlin, but the applause and cheers for Lava Man after his 3rd Hollywood Gold Cup last year trumps it. Lava Man actually received applause in the paddock and in the post parade. Another popular Cali horse, Best Pal, used to garner a ton of cheers. The applause after he won the 93 Hollywood Gold Cup was amazing. When he was officially retired on 96 Big Cap day, there was a sizable crowd along the rail as Best Pal paraded, and another large throng by the winners circle when he was reunited with all of his trainers and jockeys. A memorable testament to Best Pal's popularity in Cali was the ovation he received as he led the post parade of the 96 Pacific Classic (in front of a record 44,000  as Cigar went for 17 in a row). Although Cigar drew some cheers in the post parade too, they were rather muted compared to the adulation afforded to Best Pal minutes earlier.

02 Jul 2008 6:04 PM
Tanzkd

been saying it since last years Preakness, said it in the paddock at the Breeders Cup  " GO CURLIN,GO CURLIN"!

03 Jul 2008 7:04 PM
Michael R

The last two comments about the nag, claimer and ouch are great. Whoever came up with this is very creative. The narrative is a riot.

08 Jul 2008 4:37 PM
FormerFan

The sad thing here is that Curlin and Big Brown will probably never meet. I can only hope that Curlin does not do well in his grass debut, and if he does it is off to France.  If that happens we will never see this horse again. Just wait,  and see.  You will not be calling me dumb in a few short months. Bringing this horse to France is Insanity.

08 Jul 2008 6:13 PM
Karen2

Ed Kaley: GREAT POST! You said it all!!! I love both BB and Curlin. They are both awesome. I don't think a race on synthetic is going to happen in the classic but I would love to see these boys meet up when BB has more experience under his belt and has matured a little bit.  I love racing. This is what its all about. Great video's. Thanks Adam.

09 Jul 2008 11:05 PM
manowar4ever

The first one was cute and I appreciated BB saying ouch. Can't say as I'm a BB fan.

Loved the winner's circle footage. I saw the video for that race and all I can say is, if the two meet up, go Curlin!!!!

02 Aug 2008 9:04 PM