Morning Wake Up Call

sherpa, a member of our BH social media community, posted a link to John Shirreffs' YouTube.com account. I went and visited to find a video of a morning wake up call. It was hilarious, because I can TOTALLY identify with being awoken from a deep sleep. It's just tough to get going sometimes, enjoy!

Somethingroyal

Thanks for sharing the video of Life is Sweet. It's not often we fans get to see what goes on behind the scenes.

20 Jul 2009 10:47 AM
Karen in Indiana

If that was not a horse saying 'Ooooh, I don't want to get up, just leave me alone', I don't know what is. She's a teenager, right?

20 Jul 2009 11:08 AM
Greg J.

Great Video!,

I saw this last week and couldn't stop laughing!, I actually feel like that almost every morning...

20 Jul 2009 11:16 AM
LDP

O god that brings back memories. I was in riding camp and i went out into the pasture to get my thoroughbred, Tray, who is HUGE by the way. Well when i found him he was lying down in the middle of his little group. He wasn't flat out yet, so that was good. Well i hook his lead onto his halter, and pull for a little bit trying to coax him into getting up. Well my arms got tired so i let the lead go slack for a second, and Tray then lets out this big grunt and and rolls over on his side. I was like are you kidding me! I am about 106, and back then more around 95lbs, and Tray is what, over 1200, probably 1250lbs, so i'm thinking how on earth am i suppose to get you up. Well i ran inside got a small bucket of grain and fed him some. I just kept back away until he finally go up and came over. I clipped the lead on him and then he snorted at me and gave me a look like ok i got up so can i have the rest of my grain?

20 Jul 2009 11:42 AM
shesfast

lol life was sweet till you woke me up

sweet video

20 Jul 2009 11:59 AM
Cleone

I saw this last week, too, and it cracked me up!  Definitely a teenager moaning "five more minutes!"  If she'd had a pillow, it would have been over her head.

20 Jul 2009 12:30 PM
Greg J.

LDP,

WEll???, Did you give him the rest of his grain for his effort?, lol...

20 Jul 2009 1:38 PM
Mel Graeff

That is sooo my Monday morning!  I wonder if she would enjoy a cup of coffee?

20 Jul 2009 1:48 PM
mz

Just give that poor baby a cup of coffe and tell her that her retirement investments have tanked....she'll get up a lot faster next time.

(lol baby)

20 Jul 2009 2:39 PM
StardustyRose

Oh man this is great!  Funny funny funny.  That horse did NOT WANT to get up LOL!   Cute.

shesfast..

Yeah that is true.  Life WAS Sweet.  LOL!

20 Jul 2009 3:52 PM
sweet terchi

I saw this last week also, pointed it out to those closest to me so they would understand why I set the alarm 1 hr before I actually have to get up!! :)

20 Jul 2009 4:22 PM
David

He's a future Hall of Famer. Please start spelling his name correctly.

Shirreffs

20 Jul 2009 5:23 PM
Wanda

Very good Adam she was sound asleep wasn't she? To funny they can and will sleep like that when they are secure and comfy in their surroundings.

20 Jul 2009 5:28 PM
sherpa

Adam, thank you for the credit but, as you see, most of the folks here are ardent watchers of horse videos on YT.  I've been pointed to some great ones by following blog conversations.

shesfast, your comment was my thought exactly when I first saw LiS's video - almost 5 minutes long and she still wasn't up!

Just in case JS happens to look in here, I do want to apologize for misspelling his name in my initial post.  Shirreffs.  I knew that.

20 Jul 2009 5:52 PM
Rita

I can relate to this every morning I have 4 eyes looking at me between 7 and 8.I try not to move because then they are in my face as if to say are you getting up now? Two rotten cats.

20 Jul 2009 6:44 PM
Abbie Knowles

Life is Sweet is so sweet!  Do you know what her pedigree is?  Wonderful video!  I have the opposite problem and suffer from insomnia hence blogging away in the early hours.

Incidentally have emailed back to your email (for which many thanks) but then Hotmail crashed yet again and have been unable to access my mail for approx 4 hours!!!!!

God bless

best wishes

Abbie

20 Jul 2009 7:07 PM
lobieb

Entertaining to say the least and it only goes to prove that those on four legs have just as hard a time getting up as we on our two.

20 Jul 2009 7:13 PM
Abbie Knowles

Can easily see why Zenyatta is so GREAT!  They treat the horses right at John Sherrifs!  With kindness, respect, gentleness, humour but firmness!  Well i think Life is Sweet may not have been made to get up.  But then the poor lady was very, very tired!

(Hotmail still down.  Have slept a bit and feel better for that.)

Have my Video ABBA Forever Gold and More Gold on for PROTECTION!  And I love them and their music way more than anyone else in the music world EVER!

God Bless amigo

Abbie

20 Jul 2009 9:13 PM
RGGC

That video was great. It reminds me of my Great Dane/Pit mix Raven, when I try to get her up.  She is almost as big as a horse. I pull her ears gently, I tweak her nose, I pull at her paws and nothing happens. She just lays there like Life is Sweet, giving me the annoyed, sleepy glare.

Thanks for the laugh.

21 Jul 2009 3:59 PM
Abbie Knowles

Sorry for spelling John Shirreffs name wrong but I managed to hit upon lot of variations of British Open Golf Champion Stewart Cink's name and I still have to check with The Daily Telegraph or The Racing Post to see if I have  spelt it right.  I really like Stewart and his family but like many of us most wanted Tom Watson to win.  But Stewart is lovely and a very worthy winner!

God Bless

Best Wishes

Abbie

21 Jul 2009 5:19 PM
Abbie Knowles

Have you seen  Evan Almighty, Hotel for Dogs,  Bruce Almighty or Two Weeks Notice?

Great films!!!!!!

Any news on the "Star Wars" team?  Horses or humans!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless

Best wishes

Abbie

22 Jul 2009 11:43 PM
aspradling

Hey Abbbie,

I have started writing the workouts and results for my "horses of interest" via Twitter.

twitter.com/BH_AdamsTurf

So you can follow me on there, but since you asked, here is a quick update:

Horse of Interest: Lord Vader worked 3 furlongs at 37:00 at Arlington park 7/20/09

Obi Wan Kenobi finished 4th by a length, against Recapturetheglory 1st, and Wicked Style 2nd

23 Jul 2009 12:21 PM
txhorsefan

Too funny!  I had not seen that one yet, so I loved it.  That little filly did not want to be disturbed at all, but she was so calm and unperturbed, just wanting to be left alone to sleep.

23 Jul 2009 7:31 PM
aspradling

A few more that recently came in Abbie.

Horse of Interest: Jedi Games worked a 49:94 for four furlongs July 23