Chocolate Candy and Kona Gold VIDEO

Kona Gold

[brightcove videoid="14463958001"]

Chocolate Candy

This is a video of Chocolate Candy receiving a bath Monday or Tuesday of Kentucky Derby week. We did not use this video for anything and since I shot it and had it captured, why not post it for those of you who might be interested. However, it did glitch as I was capturing the video, so it is jumpy. I don't blame you if that gets annoying, but just wanted warn you =)

[brightcove videoid="42083028001"]

2009 El Camino Real

2008 Real Quiet Stakes

RGGC

Hes a nice colt. Whats happening with him now. I hope he comes back soon.

26 Sep 2009 6:14 PM
txhorsefan

Thank you!! I had watched the video of Kona Gold earlier, in fact as soon as y'all had it posted after his sad passing and it is a treasure.  Also, thank you for sharing the video of Chocolate Candy's bath - he was so patient it was hilarious.  I was glad to see he finally got some treats at the end.  Being completely horse deprived, I love seeing this in depth sort of thing - his whole bath routine.  Again...thank you, Adam!

26 Sep 2009 10:02 PM
aspradling

txhorsefan: I thought it was really funny how Chocolate Candy kept trying to nip his handler, but wasn't "really" trying to. Just to annoy him lol. He is like a kid not minding the bath, but annoyed he has to be bothered with one. =)

26 Sep 2009 10:15 PM
oso7

Thank you for sharing the video of Chocolate Candy getting a bath.  The colt really looks so beautiful and well-muscled, he definitely was showing a little annoyance with having to stand around while getting his bath.

As far as Kona Gold's video it was bittersweet knowing how sad those are who handled him at the Kentucky Horse Park, his fans, as well as those who were connected to him while he raced.  I'm sure Bruce Headley is torn apart over the loss of one of his favorite runners.  RIP, KG, you were one gutsy sprinter who always gave his all.

27 Sep 2009 5:40 AM
da3hoss

My heart is broken over Kona Gold...I think he had a good life...stable pony and then fussed over at the Park...tough week for losing our beloved classic horses..

27 Sep 2009 9:59 AM
frenchycatz

Well done.

27 Sep 2009 10:22 AM
da3hoss

It's obvious this horse is well-handled, he's not at all head shy...that was a neat little video.

27 Sep 2009 12:46 PM
Robin

Such a shame that another great one is gone.  May you Rest in Peace sweet Kona.

27 Sep 2009 8:15 PM
Tennessee Girl

Thanks so much for that wonderful bath!  He seemed to have an expression of patient endurance!

28 Sep 2009 2:22 PM
jmewill

Rest In Peace Kona!!!  I was devistated when I heard about his accident, he was such a grand old horse.  Never minded having a nip at you either... They only up side to all this was that Bruce was in Kentucky when it happened and from what I understand made the decision to put Kona down, which eases the loss a tiny bit knowing Bruce did what was ultimately right for his horse.  Bruce is a stellar guy and I know this is our hard loss for him, he loved Kona Gold!

30 Sep 2009 9:16 AM