The Infamous "Two Cents"

Ice Box

KENTUCKY OAKS

Age of Humor
Beuatician
Crisp
Champagne d'Oro

Watch the new Secretariat  Trailer!

Somethingroyal

Wow!! After watching the trailer I can't wait for the release in October. It's going to like reliving 1973 all over again. Penny and Disney have done Secretariat proud.

29 Apr 2010 10:12 PM
DinkyDiva

Yah know, the last couple of years have been the year of the "Girls!" I haven't really followed the fillies leading up to the Derby but, it would be awesome if Devil May Care did it. What would be even better is if we could have a filly competing for the Triple Crown.  That would be a first!  This years Kentucky Derby contestants are ummm,,, spread out. Especially with the post positions.

Anyways, I tried your link for the trailer and it didn't work for some reason.  I've been wondering when the movie was going to come out.  Thank you for the info and perhaps, fix the link.

May there be angels protecting all our equine athletes!  Bring them home safe and sound!

Go Rach, Go Zardana, Go DMC!!!!

30 Apr 2010 3:23 AM
Terri Z

It would be very interesting how the Derby Gods could influence the outcome. Both Secretariat's and Seattle Slew's jockeys have been there at Churchill Downs this week for the re-opening of the musuem. And Penny Chenery (Big Red's owner) is one of the cohosts of the Pegasus Parade.

Devil May Care might have the spirits of both of her triple crown winning great-grandsires guiding her to win. Let's see.

30 Apr 2010 11:20 AM
Hellboyudp

No love for Awesome Act or Jackson Bend?

Might box a trip with those 2 and Ice Box and Devil May Care.

01 May 2010 12:33 PM
Slew

Don't we all just play a really funky guessing game?  Aren't we glad there was no tornado?  What a great Derby...leave it to Calvin to scoop it all up...again...and Congrats to Pletcher for finally getting the win. Stately Victor and LAL took a lot of punishment in the run, but I'm still pulling for SV.  Ice Box was sensational..

...and I never thought I could root for a horse named Ice Box...but he's got me hooked.

03 May 2010 8:29 AM
Slew

Both Super Saver and Ice Box, through AP Indy, trace back to both Seattle Slew and Secretariat, with a little Mr. Prospector tossed in.

04 May 2010 10:50 AM
Aleine

I must be hard-core old school: I can read the book (remember books people?), Secretariat- The Horse that God Built and get chills. Maybe it's because I'm a Virginian just like Secretariat and I consider our new fair grounds-the former Meadow Stable- hallowed ground. I also remember Big Red on March 30th each year. America, is dumbing down....must we always have visual aids and absolutely no memory????

08 May 2010 3:06 AM