Arrrrr Has Won 2 In A Row!

The classy folks at TVG anxiously looked on, awaiting Mr. Durkin and his call for race 6 at Saratoga. As the TV audience, the announcers, and the spectators at the Spa witnessed a great stalking/closing to the race. Arrrrr found a spot right up the middle to win his second race in a row. He is on a roll after trying to break his maiden for the longest time, and finally doing so in his previous race. So as you know I am bias, I have to shout out again to my man Arrrrr.

You all may be sick of me covering Arrrrr, but hey, his heart is on his sleeve. Thanks again to Tom for his wonderful, entertaining race calls.

For more videos on Arrrrr's races and Durkins calls I have blogged about, visit here:

Arrrrr on Keith Oberman

Arrrrr breaks his maiden

Tom Durkin

needler in Virginia

The horse, the name, the call...this all adds up to one of those special times in racing when we can smile and be pleased. Wish we had more, but I'm not complaining......I just hope these moments happen frequently for a while. I LOVE this horse! Keep 'em coming, ARRRRR!

16 Aug 2008 4:17 PM
aspradling

needler, I totally agree with you =) Glad you were able to watch the race!

16 Aug 2008 4:18 PM
Huh

Hope Arrrr can develop into a stakes horse so then the whole world can enjoy the absolutely hilarious calls by Mr. Durkin.

16 Aug 2008 4:37 PM
needler in Virginia

Adam, I wouldn't have missed it!! What fun for the fans, but it looks like the horse is having fun, too!

Huh.....I'd bet BIG bucks that Mr Durkin will be begging ARRRRR's connections to keep the horse in New York for the rest of his racing career. He must be having a ball calling this guy's moves.....

16 Aug 2008 4:47 PM
Loretta T.

Watching a horse race on tv, $0, rooting for your favorite horse, Arrrrr to win, $0, listening to Tom Durkin call the race with Arrrrr winning, PRICELESS!!

16 Aug 2008 5:49 PM
JJ

I was at a racetrack today simulcasting with a friend and when the race with Arrrrr came on I turned up the TV really loud, my girlfriend was rolling when she heard Tom say "ARRRRR" with that growl in his voice.

16 Aug 2008 6:58 PM
Amber

I love Tom Durkins calls on this horse. My boyfriend thinks i'm crazy because I laugh so hard when i watch the video's of the race. Just so people know there are three Arr and one of doreamefasolateado on youtube. Go check it out they are all to funny. If anyone finds some more funny ones let me know. And thanks Tom for the great laughs.

16 Aug 2008 7:59 PM
Noelle

watched the race on TVG - was rooting for him the whole time.  I've always loved this horse and Mr. Durkins call was awesome - almost as good as Doremefasolatido!! (for those of you who watch TVG you know what I'm talking about)

16 Aug 2008 9:22 PM
Glimmerglass

In case it wasn't otherwise noted - Arrrrr was claimed away from his connections today. AHe was claimed by Arroyo Enrique, Gumpster Stable LLC.

Hopefully they'll continue to run him on NYRA tracks for Durkin to call.

16 Aug 2008 11:01 PM
Robert

Adam,love reading your blog.I'm a big race fan and also love Tom Durkins race call.Another call that Tom does so well is Ohnoitsmymotherinlaw,I had the priveilage seeing that one live when I was in Saratoga the end of July.Race on.

17 Aug 2008 12:39 AM
manowar4ever

That was hilarious! Thank you for the lift. ;)

17 Aug 2008 1:47 AM
Amber Ivy

That is SO the most amazing thing ever.

17 Aug 2008 6:31 AM
rideandcook

I don't know how Durkin can make it through the race call, I'm laughing so hard I cried!  Years ago there was We Be Jammin' Mon, which was pretty fun, bur Arrrr is the best.  Now I have to go to YouTube to find Doremifasolatido.

17 Aug 2008 8:03 AM
ruffian518

I couldn't wait for this race to come on, I sat in the same position the whole race, I was so wanting Arrrrr to win ,and when he did I was screaming "Yes Yes,allright Arrrrr" And Tom's call was twice as good as last time , He makes the races so fun to watch.

17 Aug 2008 10:06 AM
ezevans

I had TVG on yesterday and I was just getting ready to leave the house when I heard Arrr anounced in the post parade at Saratoga. Who cares if I'm late for the party...I gotta watch and was not disappointed.  Love the call and thanks to this blog Arrrr has another fan. Truth be told he is turning out to be quite the grinder, whats not to like!

17 Aug 2008 7:15 PM
mookster

Flight to Saratoga  250

Hotel in Saratoga  400

Airport losing my luggage 500

Listing to Arr  by T. Durkin   PRICELESS

17 Aug 2008 8:07 PM
Billy

Let me tell you, I was at the Spa for the Alabama & for this race, and it was special! The whole crowd was yelling ARRRRR as he came down the stretch-Durkin is a treasure! Standing O and a rousing yell of ARRRR at the winner's circle!

18 Aug 2008 8:00 AM
MRO

Great name! I looked up his pedigree when I first saw it appear in a race chart, but was disappointed there was no "pirate" connection. I too hope he keeps winning, and wish him nothing but the best.

18 Aug 2008 8:26 AM
aspradling

Billy, I am super jealous of you and am thrilled Arrrrr is getting fan support. He tries so hard.

Thanks to everyone else and their fun comments! If you have facebook, there is a an Arrrrr Athlete page you can become a fan of.

18 Aug 2008 2:18 PM
funnystuff

That is hilarious.  Cracks me up everytime Durkin says it.  Keep them coming.  Glad you are keeping up with him.  Durkin should have to call every race he ever runs.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

18 Aug 2008 2:53 PM
GOCURLIN

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Best call ever by Durkin. Hope ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR runs again soon.

19 Aug 2008 10:42 AM
Frank J.

Adam, after reading your blog yesterday I watched the race at work after the boss left and I swear I almost fell out of my seat!! most hilarious call of all time. Then I went home and played it for my wife and we just sat there and cried it was so funny!!!

19 Aug 2008 11:31 AM
Frank J.

The funniest thing about it is that he goes right back into normal mode after the wire----"ARRRRRRRRRRRRR" (silence for about 2 seconds) "wins by 2". Great stuff.

19 Aug 2008 11:34 AM
Anna

lmao!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR

19 Aug 2008 3:24 PM
katsan

Love Tom and his ARRRRR, also his doremefasolatidoe (can sing it, can't spell it) Tom's great and the ARRRR the colt is cool too.

19 Aug 2008 7:29 PM
equine paparazzi

Love the ARRRR call, made me laugh a whole bunch. Did anyone hear Tom's call of the Tipparary race ealier this year? This horse Tipparary broke slow. Tom called all the horses positions while Tipparay was loping along far behind. When he finally got to the last horse he said " and it's a long way back to Tipparary" and we nearly fell off the couch laughing as we saw this coming...

21 Aug 2008 6:15 PM
Whatever

What a cool name for a horse.  My other favorite name is the gone, BUT NOT forgotten, Egghead-I really liked Egghead.  Broke my heart when he died.

22 Aug 2008 2:14 PM
Kris

Good job, Arrr! Gallop your heart out!

23 Aug 2008 7:53 PM
HORSEWLD

Classic! Garfield would be proud!

29 Aug 2008 4:03 PM
EAH

Arrrrr won again today (Philly Park) & once again he has a new owner.  Hopefully he'll come back to NY soon!

22 Feb 2009 4:50 PM
aspradling

Yep, Arrrrr has finished 1st for the first time this year... he has four races under his belt with a 1-1-0 record. 50% in the money, lets hope he can pull more finishes!

24 Feb 2009 9:59 AM