Better Than a Money Machine

Holy grade I winners, Batman.  Better Than Honour just saw another foal take some impressive black type when Man of Iron nosed out a win in the Breeder's Cup Marathon (a race destined to earn grade I status upon eligibility).

Thought this was a good time to reflect a bit on a great mare.  Here's a few previous articles on the Deputy Minister daughter who was bid to a cool $14 million a year ago at Fasig-Tipton's November sale (as hip #188).

The Five-Cross Files:

Other BloodHorse.com articles:

Karen in Indiana

So did she foal o.k. this year and is she carrying one for 2010?

• Scot's reply:  She was barren for the 2007 and 2008 breeding seasons (i.e., no 2008/09 foals) but is now in foal to Street Cry (IRE).
06 Nov 2009 4:48 PM
DB

Leave the girl alone !

06 Nov 2009 9:29 PM
TJLuvsTizs

I hadn't heard anything about this horse (in relation to R2R) and was shocked this afternoon when looking at the PP's to find that Better Than Honour was the mare.  I had already picked the horse to be in the top two, but seeing that I immediately picked him to win!  What a great Mare!

06 Nov 2009 10:59 PM
mule train

To bad Secretariat isn't alive, could you imagine a filly by him out of this mare, what would that be worth???

07 Nov 2009 10:04 AM
Pedigree Shelly

Better Than Honour could be another Weekend Surprise ?? I bet on Man of Iron in the BC Marathon on pedigree alone !

07 Nov 2009 10:10 PM
Pam R

Congrats to Better Than Honour!.  When I heard that she was the dam of Man of Iron, I was surprised, yet I wasn't.  This mare is a virtually gold mine.  Broodmare of the Decade!

08 Nov 2009 12:55 AM

News

• Pedigree Newsletter:
    The Five-Cross Files will be featured in a new Pedigree Analysis newsletter from BloodHorse.com. To sign up for this free weekly email -- or any other newsletters from The Blood-Horse -- just click here.

Recommended Reading