Can't starve this fever

The old wives’ tale to starve a fever doesn’t work with the Kentucky Derby variety—not because the charms of the First Saturday in May are so irresistible 13 weeks away but because sustenance is unavoidable.

Not that I’m trying to avoid it, mind you, but even if the highlight of your week is Louisiana Premier Night and our 3:10 to Delta 1-million-point promotion, it’s going to be tough to elude chatter of the Withers (a Kentucky Derby points race), Sam F. Davis, or Hutcheson (race name hyperlinks go to FREE Brisnet.com Ultimate PPs for each race) Also on Saturday afternoon is the release of the early Triple Crown nominations, and Brisnet.com will have FREE past performances for each of those as well.

The feast doesn’t stop there, however, as Tuesday (February 4) is the release of the 23 individual betting interests for Kentucky Derby Future Wager Pool 2, and Wednesday draws the Robert B. Lewis Stakes, which kicks off TwinSpires.com’s $1-million Road To The Kentucky Derby Showdown game.

Pick a horse to finish third or better in 20 consecutive prep races ending with the Kentucky Derby and win or share $1-million!

We’ll talk more about that promotion, including strategy, next week, as well as who I should draft in my Triple Crown Fantasy League on Wednesday night, but for now all eyes will be on the Withers and its 17 points up for grabs as well as the Davis and Hutcheson, which while offering no points, could help determine a horse worth betting in next week’s future pool, drafting in a fantasy league, and other information.

The Withers offers the typical two-standout question: Do you use both Uncle Sigh and Samraat and consider the race a free square or zero in on one to halve your ticket and catch some value elsewhere? In this case, it depends on the bet. For something like the grand slam, go ahead and pick one, but in something like the Pick 4, use both if you don’t like favorites elsewhere and pick one if you do like the favorites.

My “pick one” in the Withers is Samraat, who is drawn ideally outside (the rail going 1 1/16 miles on the inner this meeting has 2 wins from 21 races with an impact value of 0.67, and posts 1-3 are 7-for-63 with an impact value of 0.78). I’d have a tougher time picking Samraat in a race like the Gotham or Tampa Bay Derby where there’d be other shippers besides Parx conditions winner Honorable Judge, but his Damon Runyon easily handles these, and I like that he’s gotten faster each race before a 6 ½-week break with trainer Richard Violette in South Florida.

For the Sam F. Davis, 1 1/16 miles at Tampa Bay Downs has the opposite profile as Aqueduct, in that the inside is favored with the rail 3-for-16 with an impact value of 1.27. “E” types have won 25% at this trip with an impact value of only 0.79, but E/P (early pressers) are at 38% with a 1.50 Impact Value. This profile benefits Harpoon on the rail, who finally broke his maiden after three seconds sitting behind the pace and making a middle move going a one-turn mile at Gulfstream. I worry about what kind of money Todd will take, but 4-to-1 would be fair.

Noble Cornerstone immediately to Harpoon’s outside also fits at 7-to-2 getting post 2 after a wide trip in the Springboard Mile from post 8. He could make a huge double for My Meadowview and Sequel Stallions sire Noble Causeway if Noble Cornerstone and Samraat both win.

I’m against Cousin Stephen as the favorite, as this looks a case of Chad Brown hype on the heels of finishing behind some good ones at Gulfstream, but it’s too early for me to bet class when talking about a fifth-place who faded off a slow pace.

The Hutcheson could go to whoever gets the lead, as through the last 57 seven-furlong races at Gulfstream (June 25-January 29), “E” types have won 49% with an impact value of 1.60 with 46% gate-to-wire winners.

The only two “E” types in this field are Pablo Del Monte and Gambler’s Ghost, and while the latter has more Quirin Speed Points, I like the former to turn things around shortening up a bit and drawn better after racing four wide last time. Dirt remains a question, but I’ll try any horse who can run that first early as he did at Keeneland getting this price on a speed-favoring track.

And what would any discussion of gambling this weekend be without a "THE BIG GAME" pick? I'm taking the points and the under. Even if you don't have an opinion on the game, you can earn a stake in it by hitting a double at any one of ten tracks on Sunday by playing in TwinSpires.com's 2-million points BIG GAME squares.

Have fun this weekend!

Ranagulzion

Samraat, a cinch to win the Withers, Matador, to cop the Sam Davis and Gambler's Ghost to do a disappearing act, on the front end, in the Hutcheson. How's that?

Happy hunting folks.

31 Jan 2014 8:43 PM
Carlos in Cali

I'll bypass the Withers as it looks like a chalky 2-horse race,on paper at least.

Sam F. Davis:

Matador- by Malibu Moon,should run well 1st time on dirt,has back-class and won a graded stakes @ this distance.Casse has done well with his runners in this particular race,I'll bite. Box him w/Tarpoon,Noble Cornerstone.

31 Jan 2014 10:31 PM
Drinks from a glass !!

honorable judge-withers....closing on uncle sigh plenty of front runners in race

harpoon in the sam davis hope for moisture in track

spot or tashir in the hutheson.....

01 Feb 2014 12:06 AM
predict

best bet: Uncle Sigh, can take these

01 Feb 2014 11:44 AM
Coldfacts

Withers: Classic Giacnroll

If Noble Moon that finished 3rd to Cairo Prince in the Nashua and won the Jerome was in the race he would have been the ML favorite. Never underestimate a colt produced from a Storm Bird mare.

Hutchenson:  Tashir

Where has this colt been? Any horse that records a time of 1:23 for 7F at Calder has more than average ability. He was off for approximately 3 months before that smashing victory which saw the 1-9 favorite beaten by 9L. He returns with 6lbs less and should be much fitter. His dam was sired by Slewacide the dam sire of Derby/Preakness winner Funny Cide. Second dam sired by the influential Fappiano. I am prepared to roll the dice on this one.

Sam Davis:

School On A Hill has been racing on turf and synthetic. He has a dirt pedigree. He has published work of 59 at GP. I am prepare to roll the dice on this one at he has done enough in his T/S races to suggest he will be competitive. Should be closing best of all.

01 Feb 2014 12:48 PM
Brontexx

Coldfacts I am sticking with Scotland in the Withers.He finished right behind(by 2.5) Classic Giacnroll in the Jerome, while everyone was chasing Noble Moon in that one.I think Uncle Sigh and Samraat havent been tested on the lead yet and if they both make and contest the pace, Scotland could get the inside tracking trip that I visualized for him in the Jerome.Scotland has had one more race so he should be fitter that his last.He has two bullet works although one was only best of 4 and this is a 6 horse field.Since his morning line is 8-1,if he goes off at these odds he will be a good bet if he hits the board and in exotics.

01 Feb 2014 2:15 PM
Mary Zinke

This Withers field is depressing.  5(speed),2,3.

7,8,1,4 in the Las Virgines.

Very tempting ml odds on the 1 in the Arcadia. Wish the 10 was more trust worthy. I'll say 1,8,9,10.

01 Feb 2014 2:54 PM
Plod Boy Phil

re: Sammy D

I'll pay a few bucks to watch the 4 Vinceremos, despite the under-laid ML.

01 Feb 2014 3:37 PM
Rusty Weisner

Uncle Sigh with Scotland and Classic Giacnroll in exactas, $20.

01 Feb 2014 4:11 PM

Uncle sigh .......wildcat red.........nobel cornerstone

01 Feb 2014 4:17 PM
KY VET

i think harpoon is not sound......lets see if he get on the shelf soon..........

01 Feb 2014 4:36 PM
Sam Santschi

Boom Phil!! Good call.  Had exacta thanks.  But bet Matador WPS instead of #4.  Still refusing free money...Scotland sure had a great trip, not!

01 Feb 2014 4:45 PM
Plod Boy Phil

How big is Noble Cornerstone ?

01 Feb 2014 4:52 PM
Brontexx

Scotland lost all chance to make the exacta at the start of the Withers ,with the two expected pacesetters battling for the lead and opening a gap back to the rest.Since he went off at 15-1 I got back more than half my money playing him in 3rd eventhough the favorites came in order.

Vinceremos reminded me of his daddy Pioneer of the Nile in the stretch of the 2009 kentucky Derby fighting back in the stretch of the Sam Davis more than once after he was passed.It was Pletcher 1st and 2nd in that race and it was Gulfstream shippers 1st 2nd and 3rd.

01 Feb 2014 4:53 PM
Plod Boy Phil

A little late to notice the habit of Vinceremos to wait for horses once he makes the lead.  He did it in his MSW win.  Today,  Prado was ready for it.  That win was given a 'neutral or better' grade,  thus his being one of two in the Hutch. If not for this Blog, I may have missed him today.

By the way, I watch so many more replays than I did a year ago this time.

01 Feb 2014 5:14 PM
Plod Boy Phil

Sam -

The Earth spins on.

Well done.

01 Feb 2014 5:15 PM
Plod Boy Phil

That said, I had myself a chuckle when I saw today that he was a 'Pioneer'.

Good thing he was too slow.

01 Feb 2014 5:27 PM
KY VET

that tampa race was really weak......not derby horses.....not even close....

01 Feb 2014 5:30 PM
Plod Boy Phil

no argument here on the SD

01 Feb 2014 5:38 PM
Plod Boy Phil

GULFSTREAM  R2  3 Take a Hint (5-1), seems appropriate, set the pace of a closer favoring event at 7f in his last.  Two back, going 8.5f on the turf, he rated just off an Extreme, and three back, a 'vs Zip Win'.

02 Feb 2014 11:38 AM
Carlos in Cali

The track @ TB Downs was a drying-out,heavy surface.. keep that in mind.

Vinceremos is still green,likes to wait on horses and has hit the rail in his last 2-races when making the lead.He'll improve.

Harpoon who is also still green,was stuck on the inside taking dirt.Once they swung him 7-wide turning for home he flew!Was much the best,IMO.He's a very good horse with a new-found closing kick.Still improving.

Matador ran good 1st time on dirt off a lay-off.Made a strong move on the far-turn,battled for the lead when he was struck on his head by another jockey.He'll improve.

Don't write these horses off just yet,they're still plenty of time for them to get better with more experience.We'll see...

02 Feb 2014 12:29 PM

02 Feb 2014 3:05 PM
Mary Zinke

Palos Verdes:  Sahara Sky to gobble them up. 2,4,1.

And maybe The Boss gets the football in the 7th at SA. 7,9,1, and the Irish bred 5.

If the 9 wins the 7th at SA, I will be laughing. Hey, they keep trying.

Read about Verrazano going overseas. If that's true, good. At least he wasn't another young retiree.

02 Feb 2014 3:15 PM
Mary Zinke

Wow, they went out super fast in the Palos Verdes!  Yeah for Wild Dude!  Thought Sky would be  coming to get them.

02 Feb 2014 3:35 PM
Mary Zinke

Oh well, I did mean the 4 not the 5 in SA r6, but the 5 came in second.

02 Feb 2014 4:35 PM
Brontexx

KY Vet I presume you are a Beyer methodologist after reading your earlier post.  carlos.....wait till you see the beyer for that race.....why do people think you dont have to be good to win the derby?

Since you seem to be a Beyerist, what was Mine That Birds Best Beyer heading into the 2009 KY Derby and what surface did he run that Best Beyer on? If you are truly a Beyer methodologist you will have an answer, if thats something you just throw out there periodically to confirm the KY Vet methodology then I guess MUMS THE WORD.

02 Feb 2014 4:36 PM
Rusty Weisner

Brontexx,

I'm with KY VET on this one.  The Beyer is a handy tool for spotting a weak race and pretenders like  Overanalyze last year, or that year's 2-yo Kentucky preps.

03 Feb 2014 7:53 AM
Brontexx

Rusty Weisner if that is so read my previous post and you answer the question.

03 Feb 2014 9:00 AM
Ranagulzion

KY Vet: Tell me how is it that in four starts Cairo Prince hasn't recorded a 100 Beyer Speed and you're so excited about his Kentucky Derby prospects while being down on others (just think two years ago). CP's trainer thinks that he doesn't need to improve just maintain ...do you buy into that?

03 Feb 2014 12:18 PM
KY VET

whoa......who said i was in love with cairo prince....i picked honor code, and cairo prince in the pool 1......im cheering for them........so far, this crop is one of the weakest ever........not worried about shared belief........i have 440 on honor code...200 on cp....i win more if cp wins........honor code has a rough stride that worries me a little......cp has a good stride....i have no idea why people say different.....btw top billing has a short stride........

03 Feb 2014 3:48 PM
KY VET

listen people.....regarding the sam davis.....if you cant understand what you see when it happens, how are you gonna make money.....how do i know it was slow? without seeing the beyer? first,the 2 favorites looked much faster that everyone...the 2 horse fav.didnt run a step after thrashing arounbd in the gate.....the other fav. lost by a nose,but you could see he was all in on the turn and didnt have alot of horse.......the other thing, look how they all were there at the wire...horses that ran 80 beyers were there on the wire.............weak weak weak race.....

03 Feb 2014 4:00 PM
KY VET

ranag.....nobody has ran a 100 beyer......most of the time, the dont until last prep or in the derby......hardly any have run in the 90's.....weak year......the horse you claimed was a super horse never ran over 100.......ring a bell?

03 Feb 2014 4:03 PM
KY VET

beyer methodologist?? i know, lets have the drf not even put the time of race in the form.......time isnt important.......whats wrong with you people? all a beyer number is, is time of race.....using a variant....using beyers doesnt mean betting highest beyer................

03 Feb 2014 4:08 PM
Brontexx

KY VET time to let the WORMS OUTTA THE CAN  Pioneer of The Nile went off at 6-1 in the 2009 KD because he had run all his races on non-dirt surfaces and Beyer was complaining and mistouting the Cali colts because of that.Wouldnt you know it Mine That Bird comes along as the longest shot on the board and yes people his best races were on AW but AW in Canada where the Beyer Boys had already made the pars.MTB probably HAD THE LOWEST BEYER Or one of the lowest he came in 4th at Sunland in his last prep, where it is hard as a rock New Mexico clay.

03 Feb 2014 5:14 PM
KY VET

brontexx.....i dont understand why you think 6 to 1 in a big big field is long odds.....there was only 3 horses less than 10 to 1.......you say that he beat i want revenge as a 2 yr old, but iwr improved alot after that......had nothing to do with beyer....6 to 1 was about right.......i actually had an early bet and went off the fav...fresian fire(who got injured in race)although they ran him right back and eased again.........dunkirk was 2nd fav......pletcher and florida........odds were not crazy on your horse.....that mine that bird freaked....the race wasnt even close......you had great trip.......beyer was real good......the horse really fired....one of the biggest upsets ive ever seen.........

03 Feb 2014 6:28 PM
Coldfacts

“One of the biggest upsets I’ve ever seen”

Mine That Bird was the Canadian champion 2YO and not chopped liver. Sunny Halo and Northern Dancer were also Canadian champion 2YOs that also won the Kentucky Derby.

Giacomo entered The Derby with a MSW win to his credit. His victory should be considered bigger than that of Mine That Bird.

The payout tells the tale:

Giacomo: The exacta was $8K, Tri $133K & Sup $800K.

Mine That Bird Tri was $41K

Both horses won at odds of 50-1.

Canadian champion 2YOs wins had previously won the Derby twice before. A MSW winner only is rarity.

03 Feb 2014 7:32 PM
KY VET

beyer just came out for the sam davis......82......thats mdn times.........class dismissed.......

03 Feb 2014 7:39 PM
Carlos in Cali

It's the first week of February! Most of these horses will improve,wait until they run the last prep... relax.

03 Feb 2014 9:00 PM
Plod Boy Phil

re: Vinceremos

I imagined a 10-12 pt jump would be realistic for the win in Tampa,  and a board hit in Hallandale. He certainly has no issues with being around horses and his need to have a target makes him interesting in some one turn events down the road unless he learns to enjoy the top.  He's got limits.  As for the rest,  they're as ordinary a lot coming out as they were going in.

03 Feb 2014 10:27 PM
KY VET

coldcuts......tom durkins call........an impossible result! of course it's expected result in your straight jacket world.........

03 Feb 2014 11:50 PM
KY VET

carlos.....how is a horse gonna go from an 82 beyer to a 105? in 2 races? thats what they would have to do......yea anything can happen.......the sam davis was slower than a good mdn race.......know what you see .....when you see it......

03 Feb 2014 11:57 PM
Brontexx

KY Vet 6-1 on a colt that won four races in a row before the KD 2 grade 1s and 2 grade 2s wouldnt happen if it was on dirt guaranteed.

As far as IWR he freaked as many do on the surface switch AW to dirt.He did it after a poor break coming from behind in the Wood.BTW I think the same surface switch AW to dirt or in the 2009KD mud was a factor in Pioneer Of The Niles injury after a tough race in the Kentucky Derby.

04 Feb 2014 8:55 AM
Brontexx

If any of you bloggers want a TC winner its not going to be a colt with a running style like Mine That Bird,,Animal Kingdom,or Orb.It will take a running style like logically the last colt to win two legs Ill Have Another.

That sustained style works in the KD especially if it is an off track and the pace is well contested.If you have not learned that by recent history 2009-2013 then you never will.

04 Feb 2014 9:01 AM
Brontexx

The planets will have to line up(so to speak)if there will be a TC winner not only will need an exceptional animal with the right running style will have to come along,but the weather will have to cooperate and that means FAST TRACK FOR ALL 3 LEGS.If you dont get a fast track in the Derby the results have proved to be skewed somewhat not in the actual winner but in the way the winner wins so easily by open lengths.

04 Feb 2014 9:30 AM
Rusty Weisner

Let's pretend Mine That Bird never happened.  Like it was some kind of hallucination.  It will make handicapping easier.

04 Feb 2014 2:04 PM
Rusty Weisner

Speaking of Beyers, those NY horses both ran 95's before the Withers, then got a 95 dueling each other.  So the race was not weak, despite all the complaining about the field before it was run.

04 Feb 2014 2:55 PM
Brontexx

Rusty Weisner lets not pretend Mine That Birds win was a hallucination,because I would have to give back my Derby future bet winnings on him.Im just glad he was in the ALL OTHERS free square when you box exactas.

When a colt with a racing style like Mine That Bird,Animal Kingdom or Orb win the triple crown then I will forget about what I posted, until then I believe it going forward.

When the 1st Saturday in May rolls around and its an off track, I definitely WONT FORGET what I posted about off tracks and the recent history of the race.

04 Feb 2014 4:45 PM
Brontexx

Rusty Weisner guess what the odds were on the Derby future exacta in the 2009 KD with MTB in the all others and PON at over 10-1.I bet you have never won a bet with those odds,not bragging but I have won one other with those odds and I bet more.For personal reasons I wont post exactly how much I won on that one,but I will admit to winning the exacta in the Derby futures of 2009.

04 Feb 2014 4:51 PM

04 Feb 2014 5:48 PM
Brontexx

Correction I have won a bet with 1000-1 odds and I bet more than 20,but of course I didnt overbet on this exotic.I am refering to a VERTICAL EXOTIC not a bet on different outcomes which is horizontal because there is MORE THAN ONE RACE AND ONE OUTCOME.

04 Feb 2014 5:52 PM
KY VET

brontexx.......i heard a rumor you had the exacta in the derby...........

04 Feb 2014 6:21 PM
Little Bill

Vet humor strikes again. Nice.

04 Feb 2014 9:23 PM
Little Bill

Coldfacts

What a terrible argument with Giacomo's payouts. Closing Argument, 76=1.

04 Feb 2014 9:28 PM
Plod Boy Phil

finally, the sheriff arrives

04 Feb 2014 9:50 PM
Carlos in Cali

Vet,

Haven't you learned,you've been WAY-OFF spotting "Derby talent".You probably liked Orb last year,but everybody and their Grandma noticed him.When was the last time Beyer picked a Derby winner using his formula?.. It's not that simple.

Barring set-backs or injuries,most of these 3yo's will improve week-to-week,while some will regress for one reason or another.I never said the Sam Davis race was lights-out,I said it's too early to write some of them off.

We'll see how things turn out come April.

05 Feb 2014 12:39 AM
Brontexx

KY VET you heard right I won the exacta in 2007,2009,2010,2012 in 2008 and 2011 I had the winner and the placer but not the exacta.Ditto last year everyone had Orb I did to but not the placer.

05 Feb 2014 8:25 AM
Brontexx

The first exacta I hit was when it was Sea Heo bested Praire Bayou and the numbers were 6-5 or 5-6 either way I cash the winning ticket.I was a neophyte then because I had Wild Gale on another ticket the 3rd place finisher.

05 Feb 2014 8:30 AM
Brontexx

I made that bet at my favorite track in my area which no longer has conventional racing but could reopen if casinos are approved in Florida(Hialeah Park)

05 Feb 2014 8:33 AM
Coldfacts

Fugue for Tinhorns,

“One of the biggest upsets I’ve ever seen”

Are you suggesting that the extra, tri & sup in Giacoma's Derby wasn't the biggest upset the Vet has ever seen. You focus on the winner odds but there are also odds for exotics wagers.

I do not know the age of the Vet but if I had to guess based on his mannerism, he cannot be very old.

Giacomo left the gates as $50.30 to 1 and Mine That Bird at $50.60 to 1. I am sure the Vet's claim was not based on the $0.30 difference in final odds.

If that is basis of his claim then I withdraw my rebuttal.

OK! skip the payouts. A champion 2YO from another country that win the Derby is a bigger upset than a horse with only a MSW victory to it credit. Mine That Bird had four victories before the Derby whereas Giacoma had one.

05 Feb 2014 10:38 AM
Coldfacts

Let's pretend Mine That Bird never happened.

Why? Did you make the same suggestion when Giacomo won at $50-1? Mine That Bird was the Canadian champion 2YO. Northern Dance and Sunnys Halo were also Canadian champion 2YO that won the Derby. Why is MTB’s victory being disparaged while others are not?

Was he a fluke? Certainly Not! He faced Pioneerof The Nile in the Preakness and defeated him again along with all the other Derby carry overs. He finished a battling third in the Belmont to two colts that skipped the Preakness. In so doing, he became the only one from his crop to finish on the board in all three Triple Crown races.

Anybody that suggest the gelding's victory left a nasty stain on Derby history is being blatantly disingenuous.

Definition: Not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

05 Feb 2014 10:55 AM
Little Bill

Coldfacts

There's no reading between the lines with what I'm suggesting, it's obvious. Why in the world would I speak to what the Vet has seen?

05 Feb 2014 11:24 AM
Coldfacts

Giacomo won the 2005 Derby at odds of 50-1. How can  victory by a 50-1 winner be deemed impossible 4 year later.  To put things into perspective, Mine That Bird entered the Derby as a 2YO champion with four victories to his credit. Giacomo had only a MSW victory. Of the two, whose victory in the Derby would be more impossible to envisage?

If Mr. Durkins knew Derby history he would have known that the first Triple Crown Winner broke his maiden in the Derby. Sir Barton had lost all six starts as a 2YO and the Derby was his 3YO debut. If Mr. Durkins was around at that time, I wonder what would have been his classification of the victory.

Mr. Durkins can be excused for the theatrics and hysteria but there is no excuse for you. You have been stuck on stupid for an indefinite period. I remain puzzled why the union that produced you was not arrested and charged at the time of your conception.

05 Feb 2014 11:32 AM
Pedigree Ann

But on Giacomo's side, he had been placed in a lot of  graded stakes races, if you include fourths, always coming at the end - Hollywood Futurity, San Felipe, Sham, etc. I actually had put him in my RTTR stable, on the basis of his HolFut run.

And by the way, Alysheba also had nothing but a maiden win, officially, coming into the Derby, too. He had been 2nd in the Breeders' Futurity and the Hollywood Futurity and third in the BC Juvie. He had finished first in the Blue Grass but been DQ'd to third for interference.

I couldn't help it - I had to look at Vincermos (We win!)'s pedigree. Pioneer would have to be a heck of a stamina incluence to overcome this bottom line - dam (by Dixie Union) was an unplaced half-sister to MT sprinter/turf miler (by long-winded Colonial Affair); second dam a multiple SP sprinter who was a half-sister to sprint champion Safely Kept. Ouch!!

05 Feb 2014 11:43 AM
KY VET

coming soon......on ESPN 30 for 30......."what if i told you....a man almost always hit the derby exacta........then, what if i told you......that he told you, that he told you so!..........then, what if he told his mom, who told him to tell his dad.........and THEN, what if he told him to tell his mom to tell him, to tell everyone in the world to tell others, that he told you so!.......

05 Feb 2014 2:10 PM
Brontexx

KY Vet if that inference was directed to me unfortuneately both my parents passed in 2005 within a month of each other.As for you I have read many of your comments on these blogs for years before I was posting and you seem to be a neophyte not a Vet.

I will post picks against you weekly to see exactly how practiced of a vet you really are.Start this week if you like you are especially dreadful with the preps and TC.Ky VET make your pick I dare you.

05 Feb 2014 2:46 PM
KY VET

my new expensive horse runs in 10 days..........hard to tell how he will run.....my horses are fav.about 75 percent of the time....this one will not be.....looking , hoping for improvement off the claim.....we will see..........

05 Feb 2014 6:47 PM
KY VET

brontexx........i'm a professional.....i already have taken some of your money...........

05 Feb 2014 6:49 PM
Brontexx

Ky Vet you are a neophyte the only thing you have taken from me is the breakage on my wins and if Im on track I give that away to the tellers or the BUMS ON THE STREET ASKING FOR HANDOUTS.

05 Feb 2014 7:35 PM

i'm a LOVER.......

NOT A phyter........

05 Feb 2014 8:30 PM
Brontexx

If you are not a neophyte make your pick on the next prep I dare you.

06 Feb 2014 9:54 AM
Carlos in Cali

brontexx,

Are you sure you want to tangle with a "professional"?

Keep in mind,he routinely gets his head handed to him on these handicapping contests... Routinely!

06 Feb 2014 12:57 PM
Brontexx

Carlos in Cali The Cat was outta the bag when the so-called professional guaranteed Uncle Moes win in the Classic using Beyer methodology to prove his point,which in laymans terms was he was using UMs Beyer number in a mile race as proof he would dominate older horses in a mile and a quarter race.Of course Uncle Mo had never ran that far.Once he started posting this gibberish stated he was a pro I KNEW HE WAS A NEOPHYTE.

07 Feb 2014 9:22 AM