Home

0617087
Ratings Generated in 2014
Featured Stallion

Medaglia Strikes Gold

One of the pleasant surprises among the freshman ranks has been the fast start made by Medaglia d'Oro (TrueNicks,SRO) . The Stonewall Farm stallion ran only once at 2, finishing second (although it's worth recalling that he is a son of Irish champion 2-year-old El Prado (IRE)). Medaglia d'Oro has already been represented by 10 individual 2-year-old winners including four stakes horses and two stakes winners. The most recent of those is C. S. Silk, who captured the Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) September 6.

Out of a mare by the Buckpasser horse Settlement Day, C. S. Silk was rated A++ even before her triumph, on the basis of the El Prado/Buckpasser cross.

Filed under:

9 Comments:

In 02 Madaglia d'Oro was one of my favorite horses. Glad to see his offspring are doing good. Going to follow C.S. Silk in 09 she appears to have great potential.

DONNA 09 Sep 2008 4:09 PM

Medaglia d'oro is still my favorite race horse and I'm pulling for all his offspring. I still think about those heartbreaking second place finishes in the Wood Memorial, The Belmont, those Breeder's Cup Classics and following Pleasantly Perfect across the wire in Dubai........and then I smile thinking about the Jim Dandy, The Travers, The Whitney, The Strub, The Oaklawn, The Donn............what a horse! Beautiful and honest.

Duane 09 Sep 2008 8:38 PM

I saw Medaglia d'Onore race in the Hopeful, however, he finished almost last.  But I'm pulling for him each time he races.  I believe he will show vast improvement once he goes 1 1/8 miles and further.

Jim Dooher

Jim Dooher 09 Sep 2008 8:49 PM

Loved watching Medaglia run and win.  He was a great looking son of El Prado.

Rose Edwards 09 Sep 2008 9:43 PM

It surprises me that Medaglia d'Oro was not considered a top stallion prospect by most experts.  His offspring are gorgeous and he was as fast a horse as we've seen in years.

King Lane 09 Sep 2008 11:14 PM

I will have a second look at C.S Silk at Keeneland again to choose her for Cup Day. I Like what I am seeing of her though.

gary camejo 10 Sep 2008 8:12 AM

I LOVE MDO!!!  HE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE HORSES!!  GO MDO OFFSPRING!!!!

DARLA 10 Sep 2008 8:28 AM

I always really liked Md'O & felt he would produce in the "classic" vein, like I think the other freshman stallions I like will: Peace Rules, Birdstone & Pleasantly Perfect.

I'm glad to see all 4 doing well with their 2 year-olds.

da3hoss 10 Sep 2008 10:48 AM

and, Candy Ride...what a steal at his current price. Love that horse.

da3hoss 11 Sep 2008 11:42 AM