Home

0624726
Ratings Generated in 2014
Featured Stallion

Tinners Way Joins TrueNicks

Tinner's Way (TrueNicks,SRO) was the last foal sired by the legendary Secretariat and went on to become one of his very best runners. He was a multiple stakes winner as a three-year-old in England before emerging as one of the top older males in North America in the mid-1990’s. He defeated Best Pal in the 1994 Pacific Classic (gr. I) and became the first two-time winner of that Del Mar fixture by taking the 1995 edition. He also captured the grade I Californian S. and won or placed in 12 other stakes, equaling a pair of track records in the process. His bankroll of $1,849,452 puts him behind only dual Classic winner Risen Star among the sons of Secretariat.

Out of a mare by The Minstrel, Tinners Way is a half brother to four stakes horses, including stakes winners in North America and Europe. Tinners Way has sired 60% winners from his starters thus far and several of his runners have earned in excess of $100,000. His best runners include Only One Way ($290,509) and the stakes winner Tin Man Commin (out of a mare by Fred Astaire).

Tinners Way stands at Key Ranch in Texas alongside Special Rate (TrueNicks,SRO) and Uncle Abbie (TrueNicks,SRO).

Filed under: ,

7 Comments:

sounds like a sleeper;keep 'em coming

tengrandrand 02 Apr 2010 6:34 PM

I was there when he won the Californian and I've always followed his career. I think is was one of the best sired by Secretariat. I hope this gets him some publicity and a good book of mares.Is there a current picture available?

miramartzu 02 Apr 2010 11:28 PM

It is my understanding that - based on a 1988 CBS Sunday Morning piece by Charles Kuralt, that the last foal boarn of the last crop of Secretariat was a filly named Risen Starlet and owned by Arthur Hancock.

Perhaps Tinner's Way was the last colt foaled?

Cgriff 03 Apr 2010 10:01 PM

TinManCommin was bred on norther Dancer cross, comes up as only a c ,he loved to run, would have been interisting w/ a top trainer as his brother take the points has shown! breeeding was complementry  though from vinery at the time.

sledge 04 Apr 2010 6:58 PM

I'm glad he's getting recognition.  I've always favored him. Wish he was in the online Stallion Registry.

JMcM 04 Apr 2010 8:45 PM

Had an opportunity to see Tinners Way a couple of weeks ago.  He looks great. I would think that Key Ranch has some updated photos.  According to the farm the first mares bred to him this year have been checked in foal as well.  There were a couple of new Tinners Way foals that looked really nice.

PhilL 05 Apr 2010 11:15 AM

i found a picture of him on the key ranch website.  he sure looks like a quarter horse.

victoryess 10 Apr 2010 1:13 AM