Home

0609759
Ratings Generated in 2014
Featured Stallion

TrueNicks for Jim Dandy & Haskell

The Jim Dandy Stakes (gr. II) will be run Saturday, July 31. Post time is 5:48 pm ET.

Click the link for each contender to view a complimentary report.

The Izod Haskell Invitational Stakes (gr. I) will be run Sunday, August 1. Post time is 5:43 pm ET.

Click the link for each contender to view a complimentary report.

Filed under:

8 Comments:

I'd love to see Trappe Shot take the Haskell ! He is a very talented colt by Malibu Moon who has had a tremendous year as a sire ! I 've seen Malibu Moon go from a $3,500 unknown stallion in Maryland , to one of the leading sires in the country ,now at $ 40,000 live foal ! Good luck to all the Malibu Moons in the upcoming stakes competition !!

Pedigree Shelly 29 Jul 2010 5:42 PM

By the way Ian , When is the next Pedigree Puzzle ??

Pedigree Shelly 29 Jul 2010 5:44 PM

Shelly,

I'm sure you know Trappe Shot is by Tapit, so I'm curious -- what horse were you thinking of?

Next pedigree puzzle... not sure yet, but soon!

Ian

Ian Tapp 29 Jul 2010 6:17 PM

Someone might want to tell Rajiv not be scared of riding in the slop like he did on Mission Impazible in the Kentucky Derby, that was a pitiful ride.  Rajiv does not want to win the Haskel , he is afraid of the sloppy track.   Rajiv should be winning the riding title at Saratoga but he rides scared and so how do you bet on a scared jockey.   I am hoping for no rain in the Haskel.   Mr Tapp you might want to get ahold of Rajiv and tell him the idea is to win the race not come in 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6 th 7th and see if he understand that before fans bet money on a scared riding jockey.   Oh ya it was a pitiful pitiful ride in the Kentucky Derby it made me sick to my stomach.   Joe

JOE 29 Jul 2010 7:54 PM

Ian , I apologize ! You can tell I've been working in the heat !! Trappe Shot is by Tapit not Malibu Moon :) I was thinking about the Malibu Moon fillies Devil May Care and Life at Ten in the upcoming races at Saratoga ! I guess you can tell I'm a big fan of the AP Indy line !

Pedigree Shelly 29 Jul 2010 9:26 PM

The Jim Dandy looks like a good spot for Fly Down but how often do you get 15-1 on an unbeaten with the potential of Stormy's Majesty?

Hard to imagine you could have a better field for the Haskel. I can't find any reason not to go with Lucky here. I think the heat got to the Ice Box at the Belmont so I'm tossing that race and picking him to make the usual late charge to complete the exacta.

Giddyup 30 Jul 2010 9:21 AM

I like Our Dark Knight, he just might do it.

rolene 01 Aug 2010 3:25 PM

Lookin At Lucky is one of those late foals who is developing gracefully. I'm sure there is more to come from him and I hope his connections will keep him in training as a 4 year old.

John T 01 Aug 2010 8:47 PM