Home

0624726
Ratings Generated in 2014
Featured Stallion

Belmont Stakes TrueNicks Available

Complimentary TrueNicks Enhanced reports are available for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) field listed below. Click on the horse's name or letter grade to view the report. To help analyze which horses may have the profile for the 12-furlong Belmont distance, each cross's average winning distance is included in the table—see the full report for addition cross-specific stats. The Belmont Stakes is scheduled for Saturday at 6:30 pm local time.

No.ContenderSire
7.80 f
ShacklefordForestry
C
7.53 f

Filed under: ,

17 Comments:

Shackelford has an outstanding pedigree, being by the fifteen year old powerhouse, Forestry, and out of Oatsee, by Unbridled.  I really do love this sound breeding brought to life by Mike Lauffer, and Bill Cubbedge, who also own Shackelford.

Forestry does not fall short with his bloodlines.  Being by Storm Cat alone is almost irresistible, but there is more to this proven sire.  Not only is his dam, Shared Interest, a GI winner, but she is also a GI winning producer aside from Forestry, being the dam of Cash Run, who won the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies, and also went on to be a Graded Stakes producer.

Bunny Hinzman 08 Jun 2011 8:34 PM

This years Belmont is going to be won on the front end by Ruler On Ice.    Animal Kingdom a solid mile and a quarter horse/ Shackleford a solid mile and three sixteenth horse and poops out at a mile and a quarter.   Nehro a mile and a quarter horse and so on.     The big question was ,why Dialed In did not choose to run because he was the 2011 Belmont winner.    Remember that saying fool me one time shame on you and fool me twice shame on me, well Shackleford is not going to control the pace of the Belmont up front so he can rest and it will be Ruler On Ice.   Animal Kingdom showed his weakness in the Preakness (mud in the face) john will not let that happen again and every jockey on that track knows it.   Jose Val. one race in New York will put him in the history books and he knows it.

Joe Urbonowicz 09 Jun 2011 8:12 AM

Dear Miss Bunny Hinzman,

For one so young (as you constantly "advertize" your website I located it, and learned a bit about you) you have certainly learned much about the subject of thoroughbred horseracing/breeding. You also seem to be a rather talented equine artist. Allow me, though, to suggest that you refrain a bit from publishing (on the internet) until you allow time/experience/acquired knowledge to afford you greater perspective. Your website not only provides opinion, but also what purports to be factual historical commentary-some of which is in error. To offer a few examples: Seeking The Gold did not win the KY Derby, and Dr. Fager is not inbred (or linebred) to *La Troienne. You write rather well, but with the conviction and relative certitude of youth, not yet appreciating the extent of the knowledge required before "educating" others on a subject. Yes, this shortcoming is not restricted to only the young, but I'm hopeful that you will nevertheless keep it in mind. As an aside, this was all prompted by your post (above) on Shackleford's pedigree, more specifically your remarks (opinions) about Forestry. You likened Forestry to a "fifteen year old powerhouse". I assume by this you meant that Forestry is a "powerhouse" stallion, i.e a truly excellent stallion. If you look at the data (compared within the broad perspective), you may reach a different conclusion. Also not sure why you characterized Shackleford's breeding as "sound", or considered Forestry to be a "proven sire". The term proven sire generally connotes a goodly degree of positivity, whereas it's my opinion that Forestry's record as a stallion is mediocre at best...Lastly, it wasn't my intent to motivate you to delve ever more deeply into all that is thoroughbred horseracing. As one who has been a devout student (over a lifetime) of the sport, in retrospect I'm rather certain that my life would have been more fulfilling had I directed my efforts elsewhere.

sceptre 09 Jun 2011 12:31 PM

Bunny Hinzman,

Cash Run is a stakes producer, not a graded stakes producer. Great War Eagle is a SW and GSP.

Ian Tapp 09 Jun 2011 1:14 PM

Sceptre: Bunny is a 15 year old girl who is offering her opinion on the Belmont. A bit harsh, dont you think? Back off a little, that is, unless you care to share the Belmont winner with the rest of us. I havent seen you offer your expert analysis on the race. Thanks.

Jason Shandler 10 Jun 2011 4:05 PM

Jason-

Are you familiar with the idiom "...the pot calling the kettle black"? Stick to your inane, mind-numbing blog, as I don't need lessons from you on how one should offer constructive criticism to a 15 yr. old, or others. The motivation for your post is all too apparent.

sceptre 10 Jun 2011 8:13 PM

Thanks for your informative report lan Tapp..             as for the Belmont two likely favorite- Animal Kingdom, and Shackleford both on the front speed horse question is who will last.. but one of this horse will be off the board as for the favorite well at 2/1 Animal will get a lot of support but the value is what count... I always look for value play, exotics instead of concentrating who the winner is.. rule of thumb if favorite is less than 2/1 bet win/show.. time to play.

So Cal Racer 10 Jun 2011 11:24 PM

Joe Urbonowicz, good call Ruler on Ice won not exactly fast but still won, Shackleford made a good run he takes it as far as he can go..distance a bit too much for him, as for Animal like I said before him winning the Ky Derby is a fluke.. bad for the people that bet him on Belmont.. hey Joe I hope you did bet on Ruler on Ice other wise you miss out on the pay out.. :)

so Cal Racer 12 Jun 2011 2:31 PM

Bunny is God!

Mr. Beer N. Hockey 12 Jun 2011 9:32 PM

Some of the older-mare naysayers may find this of anecdotal interest: The Belmont winner's dam produced, by far, her best two foals when she was 19 and 20. I've kept tabs on this classy, well bred, good looking mare since her racing days, but was unfortunately outbid on her years ago-a relative bargain even then, because her produce record was questionable.

sceptre 13 Jun 2011 6:11 PM

Sceptre: Thank God you don't blog on Triple Crown Talk any longer. It was tough enough having to read your drivel, let alone edit it. And now that you have taken pleasure in ripping 15-year-old girls, it's even more relieving that you don't blog there. That said, thanks much for reading Triple Crown Talk on a weekly basis (I know that you do). Your consistent and loyal following is just another small piece of what makes it the most successful racing blog in the industry. Take care.

Jason Shandler 14 Jun 2011 2:49 PM

Jason,

You write/respond without responsibility or integrity-for you, truth must be an irrelevant annoyance. You've characterized my remarks to Bunny as "harsh" and "ripping". Well, my post to her (above) is there for all to see. How about citing some examples of your critique? Now you state that I read your blog on a weekly (regular) basis. You flatly state-"...I know that you do." Truth is that I don't, and I challenge you to back up your statement. On the rare times in the past when I happened upon it, and posted a remark, it was generally motivated by horse welfare issues-a subject in which you were obviously ill-eqipped to converse/had a "blind eye". Horse welfare requires human support-one has to try to educate others (even horseplayers) no matter where one finds them...My posts on this (TrueNicks) blog were on topic, yours were not, and one wonders whether yours were "accepted" merely due to your affiliation with The BloodHorse. Popularity (with horseplayers) aside, you should not be authoring a blog, and I may take efforts to that end.

sceptre 14 Jun 2011 5:43 PM

Sceptre: Stop projecting the inadequacies of YOUR life onto my teenage daughter who enjoys sharing what she loves with others.  Your "style" of mentorship is not acceptable.  If not already, you should consider getting some therapy.

Mother Bunny 14 Jun 2011 7:31 PM

Mother Bunny (or, whoever you are):

Since when is ENJOYMENT the justification for any/all actions? Despite the brevity of your post, one was offered several illuminating insights about its author... And, what exactly did you find so objectionable as to cause such an emotional and unsubstantiated retort? Was it that I disagreed (courteously) with some of Bunny's opinions/facts stated here, or on her website? Or, more likely, was it my suggestion that she refrain somewhat from "educating" others about this subject until she learns more? And/or did you object to my closing remark wherein I implied that one so young (or anyone for that matter) might be well served  not to become too focused on the sport of horseracing. To my mind, all rather benign comments, and I assure you motivated by good intention. But, you may object to any advice given your daughter by others, in which case I'd suggest you exert your legal right to not allow your daughter to post on any blog, hers or others as, needless to say, blog responses are beyond your control. No doubt your daughter could encounter other forms of "mentorship", etc. far more objectionable. Now, I suppose, you'll take offense at this advice given you. Well, at least it was offered in far more civilized/logical manner than was yours.

sceptre 15 Jun 2011 12:46 AM

Sceptre - How's this for "brevity" - Get a life

Mother Bunny 15 Jun 2011 11:54 AM

Bunny, Mother Bunny, Sceptre, and Jason:

Okay, let's end the semi-heated exchange now. Let's all get together and have some tea.

Ian Tapp 15 Jun 2011 12:22 PM

Mr. Tapp

Thank you for taking your time to read my blog.  I greatly appreciate your feedback, and have published my "Corrections and Clarifications" accordingly.

Thanks again.